Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about LTFTs

Advanced Tuner
    Look at the 5th post. It?s the Sky Redline, not the Ion Redline.

I agree that in other applications it would be helpful. I was just in reference to the LNF.

Tuner in Training
    UPDATE: I unhooked the EVAP solenoid and things are looking better now. LTFTs are turned off. I would still like to know why I can't clear them with the scanner if anyone is interested. So now I will proceed onward until the next little hurdle comes up.

Thank you all, Larry

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sky View Post
    UPDATE: I unhooked the EVAP solenoid and things are looking better now. LTFTs are turned off. I would still like to know why I can't clear them with the scanner if anyone is interested. So now I will proceed onward until the next little hurdle comes up.

Thank you all, Larry
    We don't have that ability with the scanner for the E69 ECU. Also, just because you unplugged your EVAP doesn't mean you reset your LTFT. It freezes the LTFT at the last known value. If you want to reset your LTFT and freeze them at 0, you need to flash the car and then unplug the EVAP after you've done so, prior to starting the vehicle.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    We don't have that ability with the scanner for the E69 ECU. Also, just because you unplugged your EVAP doesn't mean you reset your LTFT. It freezes the LTFT at the last known value. If you want to reset your LTFT and freeze them at 0, you need to flash the car and then unplug the EVAP after you've done so, prior to starting the vehicle.
    Thank you T-Man. I don't remember the exact procedure I went thru but the LTFTs are locked at zero so all is good , Appreciate the info on not being able to reset them via the scanner.

Larry

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    missed the vehicle information change mid thread there. i thought we were talking about the ion still.
    Ion Redline- reset the trims using the scanner
    anything E69- Unplug evap to disable ltft single cell shift. tune strictly on stft thereon. Wideband is factory installed no need for aftermarket unit to verify as trims in the E69 stay active under wot. There is no way as of current to reset the trims other than a reflash. Ecu has internal memory which stores trims from drive cycles. the only other way is to disconnect the battery and short the circuits together for 30 seconds to drain the internal capacitors and reset the trim cycle.....this also resets anything else that loses programming during a loss of voltage situation (not recommended)

sorry for the confusion guys.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    It?s all good CSSOB. I thought I was getting old, but it?s good to see you are instead 😉