Thread: VE help

Tuner in Training

VE help

Having trouble understanding what to use for pasting. 1st log is untouched by me 2nd is after I subtracted the entire histogram. and the 3rd I subtracted the whole histo again. now I'm seeing zeros if I subtract entire table. where do I go? Start from beginning again? Its getting rougher the more I do. Help me understand this please

logs
    on way home: 1st log file this is untouched by me
    tune 1: I subtracted entire histogram of table
    tune 2: I subtracted entire histo again
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    One would normally use( multiply by % or multiply by %-half )of what your graph should be creating. You shouldn't be logging any mass airflow data when OL VE tuning it will skew your data. Delete your MAF channels and begin the tuning process over from your hopefully saved stock tune.
    Last edited by Oleblu; 09-21-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Just delete the maf off the pid list? or change something in the tune?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes just delete all maf related channels from the list. make sure your codes P0101,102, 103 are set to mil on first error to ensure your in SD. you also need to make sure your dynamic airflow high rpm disable is set at like 6000 rpm or whatever you plan to rev the engine to in SD. one last thing is to make sure you set your MAF frequency fail high to 1hz this is found within the engine diagnostics airflow tab.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I deleted made changes you suggested and now I have a new log. But when I paste % - or add or just % it spikes the table to the moon. anyone have a suggestion? Or should I not try to change entire table at once?Stock Log.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Use the smoothing finction. Usually once the graph starts to have positive and negative numbers I generally just copy whichever columns or rows have positive percentages and try to get it within -5% always better to be pulling fuel than adding fuel. Don't forget to smooth, there are three smoothing functions. smooth entire highlighted area, smooth vertical highlighted area , and smooth horizontal highlighted area. Also remember when tuning SD weather and ambient temperature play a huge roll in the airflow models. You can see 5-7% difference from a morning drive to a late afternoon drive with the same tune. So don't start running in circles trying to perfect a tune that was working good that morning but looks a little off later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Use the smoothing finction. Usually once the graph starts to have positive and negative numbers I generally just copy whichever columns or rows have positive percentages and try to get it within -5% always better to be pulling fuel than adding fuel. Don't forget to smooth, there are three smoothing functions. smooth entire highlighted area, smooth vertical highlighted area , and smooth horizontal highlighted area. Also remember when tuning SD weather and ambient temperature play a huge roll in the airflow models. You can see 5-7% difference from a morning drive to a late afternoon drive with the same tune. So don't start running in circles trying to perfect a tune that was working good that morning but looks a little off later in the day.
    The weather is what cause me the most trouble with SD tunes.