Thread: E38 LS7 swap starts then shuts off

Tuner in Training

E38 LS7 swap starts then shuts off

I'm about at wits end with this swap, makes no sense to me whatsoever. The car will start, run for 2 seconds, then shut off. Nothing in the scanner gives me a reason as to why it's doing what it's doing. Logging fuel cut type, engine shutdown, REP, ETC REP, nothing reads wrong. Cam and crank sensor both reading, no DTCs. Fuel pressure stays at 60psi. And yes, VATS/starter stuff is off and has been write entired 3 times.

68 Camaro, wet sump LS7 with PRC heads and a pretty decent cam (unsure of exact specs), 4L80E, E38/T42 that had a 08 Silverado tune with 4L80 segment from PSI, PSI standalone harness. Went through and switched most everything engine wise to values from a stock C6Z file from the repository aside from injector data (Caprice flex fuel injectors) and some startup/airflow stuff which I pulled from a big cammed Grand Sport tune I did.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated before I burn this car to the ground (-_-) tune and log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'd start trying to get way more airflow in it, and making some fueling adjustments to see if you can keep it running. Doesn't appear to be a VATS issue. Can you keep it running with throttle? My guess is it is really lean. As soon as the added cranking fuel goes away, it dies. Either force it in maf only or speed density only to start roughing in the fueling to get it close.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Well, I'm guessing there's an electrical issue somewhere (I wasn't the one who wired this particular car). Your guess of it being really lean was right, kicked it into MAF only, no dice, added 20% to the whole MAF table to see what it did, started and ran until I turned it off, though wideband never went much away from dead lean (but is also in an open collector).

Check out the datalog of it running for why I say there's an electrical issue lmao
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could just be the Hp Tuners dongle needs to be reset. Unplugged form the laptop and the car, and try again. That is strange for sure.
    You will chase your tail a lot with open headers. Best to get some exhaust on there before spending too much time on fueling.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.