Thread: User def Parameters: Address (HEX), where to find?

User def Parameters: Address (HEX), where to find?

I'm using TunerPro and an external Hex Editor to look through the file, but cannot find the correlation between the HPTuners Table and the HEX address location. Trying to open up tables from one vehicle with the same pcm to the current one that don't have the tables present but the exact same pcm.

I've used hex editors in the past with other programs/gaming, but this is a first and just need to know where to look.
    Last edited by WarShrike; 09-15-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Bump, still digging, cannot find any information.

Do I have to have the exact hex address to import tables that exist in the pcm or do I just have to make sure there's room in the range that's given?

Tuner
    This is what I have worked out with this option.( I purchased when it was released)

Hpt file is encrypted, They will never give you a bin file for you to disassemble (decrypted bin file) im guessing they think you will attempt to disassemble reverse engineer the bin. (Weird because that the only way you can add extra parameters)

So you will find a tool that is capable of reading and exporting as raw bin file to allow disassembly.
    You cant write the Raw Bin file back with HPT as isn't allowed.
    So you add it (If within the Range allowed) and test and hope hpt calculates the checksum and writes you parameter correctly.

So basicly if you need to read your own Bin file to disassemble and find the unsupported parameter, if you're that far in you may as well write it with the other tool and be done with it. and read the Mod file out with hpt and continue tuning.