Thread: ecm reads 158 mph

Potential Tuner

ecm reads 158 mph

Hello,

I have swapped a 2011 Camaro 6.2 ecm and a t56 into a 2nd gen Camaro. the ecm was originally for a auto, I am now using a t56. have vss wires in pin 71&72 and the ecm is reading 158, I have made some changes in the file to from auto to manual and did a write entire and I get the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the current file that I am using. if any needs more info just let me know.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I had the same reading when I first setup my 6.0 in my 1994 c3500. The scanner would rear 158 mph. Try changing the vehicle speed sensor type to serial instead of tos. Make sure the speed sensor circuit is good by using a lab scope if you have one. Its also a good idea to flash GM manual trans to ecm if possible. Find a vin# for a manual trans car and use it. Of course you have to pay HP Tuners another 2 credits to access it. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I have another ecm coming that came out of a manual car. I will post back once that arrives. I dont have a labscope. This may be the reason i buy one tho.

Potential Tuner
    Fixed, i bought a 2011 corvette ecm with manual operating system. The car now reads correctly. Even thought i switched to auto ecm over it would still read 158 mph.