Thread: LTFTs how many miles before data is useful?

Advanced Tuner

LTFTs how many miles before data is useful?

I have the diablo tuner. It has pids for banks one and two for short term and long term trims. Tomorrow I am getting my ID1050s on. I have the CMR tune ready to flash with the ID data loaded up. He wants me to log the stft and ltfts. I am going to run straight E85. It is fine on the 1050s as I live at 3000 feet and DAs are at 3-7K feet. When I log for him how many miles should I run before the LTFTs even have any useful data to give him? Should I vary speeds, etc.?
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Quote Originally Posted by CactusG8 View Post
    I have the diablo tuner. It has pids for banks one and two for short term and long term trims. Tomorrow I am getting my ID1050s on. I have the CMR tune ready to flash with the ID data loaded up. He wants me to log the stft and ltfts. I am going to run straight E85. It is fine on the 1050s as I live at 3000 feet and DAs are at 3-7K feet. When I log for him how many miles should I run before the LTFTs even have any useful data to give him? Should I vary speeds, etc.?
    Sounds like a question for the Diablo forum and the guy tuning your car. Each tuner is going to want different info.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Sounds like a question for the Diablo forum and the guy tuning your car. Each tuner is going to want different info.

No, It is a question for this forum. We all cross question here. Search and you will see such. So your comments did not assist at all.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

No, It is a question for this forum. We all cross question here. Search and you will see such. So your comments did not assist at all.
    The Diablo part was a quick jab...since you are in the...HP Tuners forum...ha ha he he ha ha. No? You are not offended by the American Flag are you? You don't have to answer as the question may offend you...(exit Joker face)...anyway, yes your question is a question for any forum including this one but what I'm really pointing out is you are asking a question that really no one here may or may not be able to answer. Each tuner (the guy, your guy, whoever) may want to see something specific or different, did he not give you details on what he wanted to see as far as RPM's, speeds, MPH, how long in time or miles? It was a well suited comment for such a basic question, I could tell you to go drive until warm up then cruise for 5 miles on the same gear at the same speed and keep it in closed loop or non PE by not being aggressive with the throttle and you send the tuner, your tuner the info and he says...WTF is this!? I need more, do this and this for this long. So again, sounds like a question that would be much better answered by the guy that is actually tuning your car-not trying to be an ass, just trying to point in the right direction so you get your car done sooner.

Advanced Tuner
    I was going to say the exact same thing.

Advanced Tuner
    The Diablo part was a quick jab...since you are in the...HP Tuners forum...ha ha he he ha ha. No? You are not offended by the American Flag are you? You don't have to answer as the question may offend you...(exit Joker face)...anyway, yes your question is a question for any forum including this one but what I'm really pointing out is you are asking a question that really no one here may or may not be able to answer. Each tuner (the guy, your guy, whoever) may want to see something specific or different, did he not give you details on what he wanted to see as far as RPM's, speeds, MPH, how long in time or miles? It was a well suited comment for such a basic question, I could tell you to go drive until warm up then cruise for 5 miles on the same gear at the same speed and keep it in closed loop or non PE by not being aggressive with the throttle and you send the tuner, your tuner the info and he says...WTF is this!? I need more, do this and this for this long. So again, sounds like a question that would be much better answered by the guy that is actually tuning your car-not trying to be an ass, just trying to point in the right direction so you get your car done sooner.
    and this too.

Being a pre-n00b (haven't even received my VCM Suite yet — c'mon Thursday!), but a long-time DiabloSport user, I've spent many mile watching my STFTs and LTFTs dance and wiggle on a Trinity. My general suggestion is to wait for most combinations of load and RPM to show a non-zero LTFT value, then see if your tuner is satisfied. In mixed commute + spirited driving, it usually takes my S/C SRT8 1-2 weeks to fill in almost all of the table entries. YMMV, of course.

- Dave

Advanced Tuner
    in sequence; after all monitors are showing "ready" and after consuming at least a full tank with a after full fill of fuel, you should be ideal for logging imo.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Men. I have another problem now. So it is in to my mechanic on Thursday. I am not sure if I hurt her or not. I probably did.

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet