Thread: Rookie Question

Angry Rookie Question

So if I go to the repository and download a tune, in order to open the tune, I need to plug the interface into the vehicle I want to tune, and enter that vehicle info? Where I am confused is: 1. The tune from the repository when I try to open the file, opens a warning box, showing the tune and a vin number on it. How do I make changes for the specific vehicle. 2. Once I License a Vehicle, can I put any tune from the repository or from any programmer file, onto the vehicle at any time + Edit at will?

Seems easy but the warning box got me scared and I dont want to be the guy that burns credits on nothing and I'm left sitting in a pool of angry/frustrated adrenaline.

Thank you for the help!
    Last edited by Trucker82; 08-25-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: oopsee

Do not use those tunes on your vehicle !
    Use them for a comparision to your file and make changes.

I believe you need the VCM hooked to the computer you are viewing it with, not 100%
    Last edited by Ecotec2.4; 08-25-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Like he said, do not license or try to use tune files in the repository on your vehicle. That would just be wasted credits and in some cases you could ruin your computer if something wasn't the same between tune files.

Only read and license the file on your vehicle, once you do that you can tune your file an unlimited amount of times. You can use the tune repository to reference information and use it if you like via copying info, but just be aware that if you are looking at modded tune files they are use at your own risk. Not every file has data in it that would work for every vehicle and you also don't know if said person knew what they were doing in the first place.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.