Thread: 1999 GMC Jimmy Scanning Fuel Command

Tuner in Training

1999 GMC Jimmy Scanning Fuel Command

I have searched around on the forum to try and find out if the Black Box computer supports either EQ or Lambda command and I am not coming up with anything. I could be missing it but all I can find is low res Afr. Thanks for your time.

If you re-poll for supported parameters and right click to add channels, is there is a channel called EQ ratio in there?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    20170820_210724.jpg
    This is all that shows up. Thanks
    Sorry don't know why it is sideways.

Are you clicking the gear icon?

Try not clicking that and see if you can find the channel. It should be in the list and if it works it will appear while logging or disappear if it doesn't work. At least that's how I see some work, using the gear icon to find channels is a pain if you ask me.

Otherwise if not, then it's not there and you have to use AFR instead or upgrade to a 411.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Got it to show up in the channel list and doesn't log. Looks like I am stuck using Air Fuel Command. Thanks for the help really appreciate it.

Not a huge deal, I did everything in AFR on my old grand prix too.

Just made an AFR error instead of lambda error to tune it and it worked fine.

Tuner in Training
    Ya I have been tuning with AFR error and works great, have my Lc2 set to match my 14.4 command but just ordered AFR500 was hoping to use Lambda with it. That way I don't have to set my command back to 14.7 to tune. Not that its a big deal would just be one less thing to mess with. Could totally be install error but I cant get a sensor to last longer then 3 months without it drifting or getting error 8.

Helped a friend tune his Honda with Hondata s300 and it uses Lambda. Found it a little easier to see what had to be done for calculations.
    Last edited by matt87; 08-21-2017 at 12:24 AM.