Thread: 210lb injectors on a p01-- lean when goes into boost

Tuner

210lb injectors on a p01-- lean when goes into boost

So to start off I have a guy that has a turbo 4.8 that has been beating on his car forever. I tuned it all times over the years. We never have had a problem till this week when we swapped out the 127 lb injectors for the VS racing 210lb injectors that a lot of people say they have been using. I know these are cng injectors and there really isn't any data so ive just been winging it.

The problem I have is around 120kpa and 4500rpms it goes straight lean. Verified the fuel pressure raises on the regulator as it should and we didn't have the problem till we put the injectors in.

Is there anything in the injector data that would cause it to go lean in boost?
    Is there a airflow limit im hitting or something? dyno 1 august 13.hpldyno 2 more ve august 13.hplAttachment 72482steves lean.png
    Last edited by Blingole; 08-15-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Your tune file is locked so i cant view it but reading your scan logs all seems ok except your wideband like you say swings scary lean yet your injector PW and duty are still good? so if its not a fuel pressure/flow issue then maybe the WB is the issue? Did it log any KR? it didnt show when i viewed your logs?

Tuner
    shoot I didn't know it was locked! ill fix that.

Tuner
    The wideband sensor was bad.

These 210lb injectors work, but at low rpm off idle transitions they break up a lot, also cold starts are rough. Ill work on that and report back. We did run this 4.8 up to 27lbs last night before we ran out of pump. Made 900rwhp
    Last edited by Blingole; 08-16-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Nice work glad you found your problem!!!

Tuner in Training
    Care to share ur inj data? I just installed the 210s and I can’t get car to stop stumbling at any sign of a load or throttle increase
    1998 camaro ss - 5.3@132 so far
    2015 Silverado - tuned

Tuner
    I?m on my phone but first make sure your flow rate is correct, then lower your minimum pulse width a lot and I left everything else stock besides short pulse adders. I?ll look up later what they were. Email me at [email protected]

Tuner
    Are you using the cheap Bosch 210?s ? There?s some knockoff crap ones that really suck

Tuner in Training
    I?m using the Bosch 210s. The real ones tho from vs racing. I?ll email u