Thread: Crank relearn set code..... again

Crank relearn set code..... again

Tried crank relearn. Car had zero previous codes.

Now check engine light is on. Says I have three DTC, however when you go to read them it says none exist.

Tried returning to stock. Code still persists. Tried relearn again says unable to intialize.
    Last edited by Blueprint; 08-14-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Who do I need to speak with in regards to resolving this issue? This has been on going since the relearn procedure has come out.

I tried returning vehicle to stock multiple times. Finally got it to show me the code, same one as before which sets the light that you cannot erase. I was also able to do the relearn again. Successful relearn, light and code stay on.

Tried disconnecting battery and doing KAM reset. Nothing has changed.

Would like to resolve this before adding the next round of modifications.

I contacted support when this happened to me and they linked to a forum post that did not answer why it happened. The post just said the hard codes wont go away until the issue with the code is resolved. I replied back to support that it did not answer the question why it was successful relearn but set the code anyway, they did not respond anymore.

The car i was working on didnt have any codes before the relearn it just had the random multiple misfire between 3-4k at steady state throttle.

I also find it funny when support stops responding.

In addition to that, they also insisted nothing was originally wrong with the relearn procedure. Even though many people spoke up. Eventually they looked into the issue and provided an updated version. Obviously it's not fully working, which is a shame for as long as this has been happening.

SCT has had this feature working for a while now, I've actually had to borrow an SCTx4 a few times to correct this issue.

I never had any problems on the earlier version with the relearn except on a f150 with a coyote. this gt500 i used beta, both needed it because of built motors and the 3-4k random misfire.

The ids and the sct would not complete the relearn after the hp scanner tripped the code. Even going back to stock tune file.The light is off but the code is hard set.

The beta seems to have a few bugs still, I had got a torque source for trans shift modulation on the gt500 and its a stick car..That's a auto code

Senior Tuner
    The actual issue is the DTC FIRST gets thrown when the relearn doesn't complete successfully. This is the step a lot of people argue about, saying "I had no codes before, did the relearn, then got the code"

HP engineers stuck to their assessment that something is physically wrong with the car that caused that initial failure to happen, they have never budged on that. In fact, they say its a good thing that you have now identified something else is going on with the car.

The endless loop and where the engineers HAVENT done enough is part of the relearn procedure is at the end to check for this among other codes; if it sees the code, it responds by telling you the relearn procedure didn't complete, and pops the same DTC code AGAIN. Since you cannot clear the code, itll always be there. So without the ability to clear the code, you can never do a relearn procedure using HP Tuners again.

It appears the SCT method (even though everyone will argue its the same stored procedure) is to not check for the code at the end of the procedure before declaring a successful procedure, and confirms the process was successful AND clears the code for the final time. Seems HP Tuners is out of sequence.

But still remains that something was in fact wrong the first time the procedure was attempted.

Senior Tuner
    Personally I would disable all the DTC codes related to the crank position sensor. Flash the car with that tune. Do a crank relearn. Reflash the original tune with DTCs reenabled. See if it gets you out of the endless loop.

There was no codes on any vehicle when the relearn was attempted it was the flashing engine light at 3-4k rpm if i continued to hold it at steady state it would eventually throw a p0300 code, its common with the copperhead when you change clutch on a coyote or remove the front cover or change the tone ring on a gt500. The relearn said successful but the code popped right up.

The code is hard set, disabling the crank sensor dtc's will do nothing. I can do a successful relearn with hp all day long and code still set.
    sct and ids wont even complete the relearn.
    Last edited by wayno; 08-14-2017 at 04:47 PM.

I will try your suggestion as that sounds like it may work.

In this example. The relearn went through the process and said "successful" after clearing 4500rpm on the first try. However, it still threw the code p0315. Zero codes prior. Now it's stuck, won't go away. Cleared the DTC after seeing p0315 Light stays on. However upon reading DTC now it says no code. Made a few more relearn attempts, all came back successfull, but light stays.

Months ago. Ran into this same issue. For the hell of it one day decided to try it out. Set the code immediately. Would not erase. Flashed tune multiple times. No go. Eventually had to license a stock file, first try, relearn successful, code gone (off memory).

Advanced Tuner
    Had this same exact thing happen to me about a year ago. Code eliminate then relearn code enable solved.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Had this same exact thing happen to me about a year ago. Code eliminate then relearn code enable solved.

I set code to "no error reported" , flashed tune, relearn successful, light stays on.

Also used BETA 3.7 since thats what Eric mentioned doing before he closed the last thread.

Tried a couple more times with BETA 3.7 and 3.6 cannot get it to erase!

Says successful. No DTC. Light stays on.