Thread: 2017 Focus RS Map Sensor Question....

Question 2017 Focus RS Map Sensor Question....

My question was in regard to an apparent mechanical range limit of the MAP Sensor....

The calibration has the same slope and offset for the TIP and MAP Sensors (Slope: 19.455, Offset: -1.876). This would support a maximum value of 95.39 inHg.

With the Throttle position at 100%, the TIP sensor reads well into the 80-85 inHg range while the MAP Sensor reads a maximum value of 75.3 inHg. This MAP Sensor limit was noted under multiple data sessions.

It seems apparent that the MAP sensor has an upper range limit of 75.3 inHg. Seeing that the sensor calibration data supports values up to 95 inHg, my thought is that there is a MAX MAP Value Limit that isn't available in the calibration yet or that the calibration data is for a different sensor (ie. Not the MAP Sensor).

In either case, something dosent seem right....

What you're seeing is a result of multiple sensor readings available under the same ID/Name.
    One of the Manifold Absolute Pressure readings follows the SAE standard, which only allows up to a maximum measured value of 255 kPa.
    Another one was available under the same name that uses the internal Ford measurement, which is higher resolution and possibly updated quicker. I've moved these to a "Manifold Air Pressure (Hi-Res)" on the newest beta to make it easier to find, but it was previously available.