Thread: 08 solstice locked trifecta ecu. Want to replace ecu, will dealer need to program...

Tuner in Training

08 solstice locked trifecta ecu. Want to replace ecu, will dealer need to program...

Hello,
    Customer brought in an 08 solstice with some upgrades and wants another tune done. The stock ecu has a trifecta tune on it so no reading/writing going on. Dont have access to a "return to stock file" and emailed them over a week ago with no reply as to such a file.

So if we buy a junkyard ecu and license with HP tuners will dealer still need to program anything(ie key code is bosses' concern)

Searched and searched and nothing definitive and I don't specialize in HP tuners so thanks for your time.

Derek

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to do a re-learn procedure but all should work after that.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Tuner in Training
    I read some where that was something I could do myself. Whats it a relearn for (ive read crank, cam, and key were "relearnable" by customers)

any links on such info?

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    changed ecu to junkyard ecu, read cal file licensed ecu and did the online relearn procedure for the security/key . After the third time of key on for 11 mins the car started, I finished the tune and delivering to customer this week