Thread: Rev in Neutral, Idle stays high.

Rev in Neutral, Idle stays high.

Been messing around with my new build and have noticed a problem and am not sure whats causing it.

When idling in park, if i bring rpms up at all the truck will not return to desired idle, instead the truck will hang around 900-1000rpms till i either shut the truck off or shift into gear. If i drop it into gear it falls where its supposed to and when shifting back to park it will fall back to commanded.
    i have been messing with the RAF a bit and it does not seem to help. I have pushed fueling around, messed with timing, seems to do the same thing.

I am posting a log, in the log i had just did a TPS/IAC relearn (voltage was about .65v before). i still have really high IAC counts and am wondering if that might be the cause. not sure how else to get the counts down as i am close to the voltage limit.

tune is a bit rough, just started the truck and have been tinkering with it in the driveway, yet to put any real miles on it.

2000 Silverado
    02 156 OS with 3 bar SD
    5.3l
    stock heads
    Proflo intake
    Triple12 cam (212/212, 112LSA)
    deka 80's
    s480
    4l80e swap

running OLSD all the time. no front O2's.

Tune - idle tuning 8-9-17 higher RAF..hpt

Log - Weird idle issue.hpl

Config - Snail wideband config.cfg
    Last edited by 1992-25th; 08-09-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Have you tired lowering the idle timing some?

24 at idle is pretty high, try more around 18-20ish.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I will give it a shot, it was around 25-26* range and seemed really smooth and idled great, just had that same issue. Idle got a bit rougher as I cut spark down using the bi-directional controls, but I will cut it down some more tonight and see if that helps.

Also I honk I am going to slot the tps sensor to see if I can bring my IAC counts down.