Thread: KenneBell 1850 CFM duel 75mm Throttle body

KenneBell 1850 CFM duel 75mm Throttle body

feeling not lucky to have the tuning data from KB and wish to have good help here with starting point for subject throttle body. I think the FR 65mm much away from KB 75mm.

Any help ..

I have not seen any data on this TB. Have you contacted KenneBell?
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    I've been working with their 168mm tb for the last 3 weeks. JN2 posted up some good reference data, but what I've found to work best is take the twin 60 data and multiply by 3.8 I think is what I did and now I'm resolving some tq errors that cropped up after the fact. It's taking some time and patience but I'm getting there. When all is said and done I'm definitely posting this one to the repository because it will be a great help to some people I'm sure. Even though I've limited this particular tune to only 4 mapped points to ease. I may re-enable the rest one at a time and re-value the distance tables. I do things a tad different than most though. At least the tb data will be helpful.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

for the 75mm kb you can ratio up the twin 60 effective area data by 25% and renormalize the axis of the predicted angle by the same.
    the 168 you can use the cj monoblade data and ratio the eff. area by 13.5% and renormalize the predicted angle axis.

just correct any angle errors you may have which should be minimal in your predicted table....build a histogram for eff area, vac displaying angle error add each column up average them out divide by 2 apply to the predicted for each column then use top row to up date the eff area axis.

I have done both of those tb's. I did a 168 few days ago took about an hour and half to dial it in drives just like stock no throttle flares or hanging throttle no idle hang no rolling idle hang no torque errors.

multiplying 3.8 to the 60 data gives you a effective area of 33 sq inches im not sure how that will work i might try it when the car comes back for the 3.0 pulley
    Last edited by wayno; 08-14-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    I have not seen any data on this TB. Have you contacted KenneBell?
    yes but they won't offer them alone but you can buy the base tune to have them

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    for the 75mm kb you can ratio up the twin 60 effective area data by 25% and renormalize the axis of the predicted angle by the same.
    the 168 you can use the cj monoblade data and ratio the eff. area by 13.5% and renormalize the predicted angle axis.

just correct any angle errors you may have which should be minimal in your predicted table....build a histogram for eff area, vac displaying angle error add each column up average them out divide by 2 apply to the predicted for each column then use top row to up date the eff area axis.

I have done both of those tb's. I did a 168 few days ago took about an hour and half to dial it in drives just like stock no throttle flares or hanging throttle no idle hang no rolling idle hang no torque errors.

multiplying 3.8 to the 60 data gives you a effective area of 33 sq inches im not sure how that will work i might try it when the car comes back for the 3.0 pulley
    good info and start point but I think it's need more times as the customer keep asking when the car is done !!

I have the KenneBell supercharger kit for 4.6, and i have the 75mm dual throttle body, i need the info for the throttle parameters

Potential Tuner
    I also have the Kenne bell stage 3 kit for my Shelby that has dual 75mm throttle body. If anybody has the throttle parameters it would be greatly appreciated.