Thread: My laptop AND my desktop?

My laptop AND my desktop?

Hi

Installed the suite on my laptop, but would also like to do editing on my desktop.

I installed it and then opened a scan log and the program asked for my application key, I entered it and no questions since.

I then opened a tuning file and it asked me if I wanted to purchase credits. I already have purchased credits when I began tuning.

Do I need to purchase credits AGAIN to also tune on my desktop?

Thanks
    ~ Richard ~
    1992 Jeep XJ - Gen3 - 6.0LS, 4L80e, 4.10, 2wd

Plug the MPVI into the computer and open the file again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

OK, I'll try that.

Thanks
    ~ Richard ~

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    once you sync the licenses to your pc the screen won't pop up. It will pop up everytime until you do though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I opened a file 4 times over about a minute and each time it asked me for licensing options, the 5th time it worked. I guess it took a while to confirm I already had a license.

All's good now, thanks
    ~ Richard ~

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nope, you just need to sync the licenses.

The easiest and most common way to sync your licenses is to Gather a vcm suite infolog, as this will poll the interface for all of its information including its licenses.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Just a thought that might make things easier unless you're already doing it...

I've used different computers for logging and editing for years. As technology evolved, so did my means of transferring the log and tune files between the computers. At first I physically moved the files by putting them on a USB thumb drive. Then I started to move them back and forth by wifi and file sharing. Now I use Google Drive for it all and it works awesome!

When I save a log on the tablet in the car, it saves it in a folder on that computer that's also synced with my Google Drive folder. Then when I'm sitting at my desktop or laptop and I want to look at the log and edit a tune file, that same Google Drive folder is also synced on those computers. Simple as opening the file. When I edit and save a tune file, same thing, it saves it back to the Google Drive folder and it's waiting for me to load when I'm back in the car on the tablet.

You can also use the same method for keeping track of layout files between the computers. Just save your layouts in a folder that's synced through the cloud and you can have access to them on any computer you want. Even if you're at a friends house and forget your computer but want to use your HPTuners license and layouts. Just access the Google Drive folder online and everything you need is right there.

Obviously there are a ton of other options like Google Drive that do the same thing, it really doesn't matter what "cloud" program you use. And sorry if this is old news, I just figured there might be somebody that's sick of moving files by USB or email or whatever that could use this info. One warning though, make sure whatever method or program you're using keeps a "real" copy on at least one local (your personal) computer. I never rely on cloud storage exclusively.

Enjoy!
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz