Thread: E67 reflash ecotec

Potential Tuner

E67 reflash ecotec

Alright guys I'm in the middle of swapping a 2.4 ecotec into a 4 door 64 Chevy II Nova. The engine and ECU are out of a 07 G6. Now my question is will I be able to flash a Solstice tune onto this ecu? Or should I just snag a manual ecu offline or from the wreckers? Engine is in the car along with the 5 speed MA5 from the Colorado with Solstice bellhousing. Wiring is almost complete gotta wire pedal up and install the fuse panel. Then I'll start fabbing the turbo manifold for the HX35. My last ecotec was a 2.0 LSJ with a BW 8875 turbo in a sunfire with Haltech ecu. Not trying to go that extreme with this one.

Tuner in Training
    Yes you can flash the solstice cal into that ecu. If you need help pm me. Steve

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Steve I guess I need to order HPT and get this thing done

Quote Originally Posted by cavi2sunfire View Post
    Thanks Steve I guess I need to order HPT and get this thing done
    Your HPT license will be matched to the ECU. My understanding is, you can't just take another vehicle cal and flash it, you will first need to read the ECU (and license it), then use the "compare" function to load up the Solstice cal, then manually update your cal that you read.

EFIHARNESS, can you confirm?
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Potential Tuner
    My biggest concern was since the g6 ecu was auto and now I'm using the MA5 I wouldn't have a VSS input. I have the pinouts for the 07 Solstice and that's what I built my harness to so I think I may just order a ecu offline or the junkyard.

Tuner in Training
    Pm me or give me a call so we can sort this out . Steve 909 910 3867