Thread: Dumb thought maybe. Fast 90lb injector data.

Advanced Tuner

Dumb thought maybe. Fast 90lb injector data.

So I got some fast 90lbs injectors for practically nothing. I know there is no real injector data unless you get them bench flow tested.

Since they are redrilled Ls3 injectors, tho I don't really see any drilling difference than my stock ls3 injectors. Can I leave the injector data Injector offset vs pressure delta vs ignition voltage stock and other tables stock and just modify Injector flow vs delta to 90lbs?

If not I've had to just find something close with Deka 60s before and use the VE to make up for the difference in proper data before.

I do have a set of stock Ls3 injectors that could get me rolling on my turbo 5.3 but I was planning on running e85 8-10psi. Worst case I could get it rolling on pump gas on low boost and buy some real injectors since people hate these Fast injectors so much

Fuel system is dual walbro 450s -8an feed, -8an fuel rails, aeromotive boost reference regulator and -6 an return. And 5.3, 317 heads, 6.0 cam, dod/vvt delete, 7667 turbo.
    Last edited by Nastruck; 07-31-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Tuner
    Essentially Fast injectors are touted as plug and play so you would be ok leaving offsets etc.. Being 90's they would still need to be scaled.

Normally with Fast I just work out the % difference at a given pressure such as 58psi between the stock IFR table and the Fast injectors going in and scale the IFR table up based on the % difference, but as the 90's are outside 63 lb/h you may have to scale the table up by the % difference from stock, then do the double stoich half IFR and half IVT Terms. I haven't fitted 90's to anything yet so maybe there is a whole lot easier way, and I'm only talking about Fast as there is no data.

You could also look at the Deatschwerks data for LS3 90lb/h. Im not 100% sure but I thought Fast injectors were Deatschwerks injectors.
    http://www.deatschwerks.com/gm-calibration-data

Look at the data for part number 16U-00-0090-8.

Hope this gives you some direction anyway mate.

Advanced Tuner
    Well turns out the shop that sold them and installed them in my friends truck lied to him. The build sheet/receipt shows fast 90lb but they are actually fast 80527 65lb injectors so I should be able to get by without scaling and double stoich with this set till I max them out and need to upgrade. They did fine on camed 4.8 12psi on e85. So I should get by for now