Thread: Random Wrench light with Whipple 130mm

Advanced Tuner

Random Wrench light with Whipple 130mm

Just got finished with a 2015 GTCS with a Whipple 2.9/130mm setup. Car made 703/580. Drives good. Drove the car for 35 min and all was good. Customer came to get it and the wrench light hit within 1 mile of leaving. No CELs. Only wrench light. I have loaded the data for the Throttle Body from the Latest Whipple Tune that 06300SRT8 gave me. Has anyone seen this issue and if so what was the issue. Tune is attached.072917_R3.hpt Have no good log when it is doing it right now.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you know what code it threw with that wrench light?

Advanced Tuner
    No code at first. Then when the thing finally thru the code the scanner wouldn't read it.

Tuner
    I don't think the wrench light is an engine issue, more an issue with one of the other control modules. I've had it on my car as well, but luckily it went off after I turned off and restarted.

Advanced Tuner
    It does reset after turning off for sure. Just trying to prevent it from coming back on. Wondering about imrc ave expected positions. Can this cause it? If so i had issues with the way whipple had then set in their tune.

Advanced Tuner
    IMRCs you should be completely disabled in the tune since the Whipple manifold doesn't use IMRCs.

Advanced Tuner
    problem being is the settings as supplied by whipple cause a wrench light immediately upon start up.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    wheel torque error i would increase minimum to 50K with whipple

also IMRC should be disabled, and i would log and make sure tune is in point as IMRC on affects the tune

make sure also sensor slope fir TPS is changes if needed
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 07-31-2017 at 02:55 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    perhaps needs a crank relearn? I always need to do one when changing operating systems. If you are using a whipple flaretool you should not have to change a thing in the tune, should work flawlessly. If it isn't, I would venture to say something during the install wasn't done right, or how Whipple specified.

Advanced Tuner
    Didn't use the flare tool. Installer ordered it without.

Senior Tuner
    Shouldn't matter but your IMRC configuration table in ENGINE>AIRFLOW>IMRC>GENERAL should be all zero's. You have points 14 onwards still enabled.

Also set your main switches (Switch, position sensor) to Disabled.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-31-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I cant recall if there is or where it is, but your ENGINE DIAG>GENERAL>TEMP SENSORS>MCT Transfer Function isn't sync'd up. The Whipple actually adds a separate ACT sensor, so without the full operating system flashed I don't think this table is even used, but not 100% sure.

Advanced Tuner
    If you look at the IMRC Tabs there is only a few parameters in the Whipple tune verses the tune I have loaded. Every time i do anything to them the wrench light is thrown on start up.Latest Whipple Tune.hpt

For what it's worth, here is known VERY good 132mm front feed Whipple data from a 2016 car.

1.png

Untitled.png

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Badassbird View Post
    If you look at the IMRC Tabs there is only a few parameters in the Whipple tune verses the tune I have loaded. Every time i do anything to them the wrench light is thrown on start up.Latest Whipple Tune.hpt
    I would do the switch changes I noted and also disable P2004 through P2020 for MIL, there is no need to have them. This would rule out any wrench light that might be related to the IMRC.

If you look at the Whipple tune those DTCs are removed entirely.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I would do the switch changes I noted and also disable P2004 through P2020 for MIL, there is no need to have them. This would rule out any wrench light that might be related to the IMRC.

If you look at the Whipple tune those DTCs are removed entirely.

OK. I will try those again and those codes are turned off already. Talked to Jeff at Whipple and he gave me some things to check on the TB and hardware itself that can cause this very issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev1360 View Post
    For what it's worth, here is known VERY good 132mm front feed Whipple data from a 2016 car.

1.png

Untitled.png
    Thanks for the info. BTW Jeff at Whipple did tell me that some of the data for the 16 and Up tunes are very different than the 15 and back due to variances and changes made in the TB from that point.