Hi guys,

I know this isn't exactly tuning related, but I know there's some smart guys on here and also a bunch of guys here from that upside down land far from me! Plus I'm usually answering questions here instead of asking them so I figured I'd ask.

I'm finally giving up on the LS3 and I'm going to drop the CTS-V LSA/TR6060 I have sitting in my shop in my Chevy SS. (Before anyone says it, I'm NOT in interested in putting a blower on the LS3. I have this "real" LSA waiting for a home so it doesn't make sense for me to modify the LS3 any further. I'll probably sell the LS3 while it's still running and in the car. Anyone in California need an mildly cammed LS3 with only 2500 miles on it? lol.)

Here's what I need to figure out...

LSA's have an 8 bolt crank and flywheel and a dual disk clutch stock. If I put the LSA in I'd really like to leave the LSA clutch and the TR6060 that's on it the way it is. It's a CTS-V TR6060 so it has the longer bellhousing made for the LSA. The problem is the longer bellhousing will make the shifter and tailshaft a few inches further back. That means I'll need to modify rear crossmember, the shifter and have a shorter driveshaft built.

But they put true LSA's in the Australian Commodores already. That means there are factory solutions to what I want to do. I'd MUCH rather use factory parts when possible to do any swap. What I need is info on the Aussie GTS or R8 versions of the SS. I have access to GM Global Connect to look up parts and service info, but I can't look up parts info on the Australian models. Obviously what I'd need to figure out is how they dealt with the longer bellhousing on the LSA's with the TR6060's. I wonder if they used a standard single disk clutch behind the LSA's? If they did, does anyone know what clutch would fit on the 8 bolt crank but be short enough to fit in the smaller bellhousing TR6060's? And still be capable of handling ~700wtq of the LSA?

The other thing I'm wondering is if they actually moved the LSA's further forward in those cars. There's a ton of room in front of the LS3's in the SS's, maybe that would be an easier solution to the problems of the longer trans.

Does anyone have any info or parts catalog access for the Australian versions of the SS/Commodore that came with the LSA's stock?

(As I'm typing this, I'm wondering if the ZL1 would give me the answers that I need. The SS and the Camaro are close enough that certain parts exchange. I guess I'll try looking into what clutch/trans the ZL1 uses. I know the Camaro shifter fits on the SS so maybe the driveline from behind the bellhousing back is the same in both LS3 and LSA versions of the Camaro? Anyone know anything about the transmission/clutch/engine mounting differences in the LS3 and LSA Camaro's?)

Thanks guys!