Thread: Looking for advice 2006 Jeep Wrangler

Looking for advice 2006 Jeep Wrangler

My buddy has a 2006 Jeep wrangler , 4.0 I6 engine, that he's wanting me to tune for him in the next week. Wanted to check the forums and see if there's someone out there with any advice for tuning these jeeps. I can't seem to find much. I notice that there are two VE tables , a table for bank 1 and bank 2. They do have differing values, so would that best approach be to tune the VE tables separately? Thanks in advance for any advice!

You dont have knock sensor so be aware of that. Amc doesnt like lean mixture and makes alot of torque at low rpm so wot delay ramp should be very short. Transmission is very weak so dont smash gas to hard at low rpms(no tip in here). You should see 125-130 whp with 33". Intake and exhaust arround 155-160 whp. Head work 180-185whp. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, any info about the separate VE tables?

Okay so we logged the jeep in OL, and I get the feeling that the stored LTFTs are still effecting the fueling. Tried leaving the battery disconnected but I don't think that worked. Anyone know a way to erase the store LTFT data?

Advanced Tuner
    reset adaptives with the scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    reset adaptives with the scanner.
    When I opened "Vehicle Controls & Special Functions", nothing came up, window remained blank. Is it possible you can't reset adaptives through the scanner for this specific jeep?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks1031 View Post
    When I opened "Vehicle Controls & Special Functions", nothing came up, window remained blank. Is it possible you can't reset adaptives through the scanner for this specific jeep?
    I wish I had an answer for that but I don't.

Connect to the vehicle but don't start logging and see if the reset adaptives option is there. For some reason I recall if you are scanning it won't let you do it but can't be 100% on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    I wish I had an answer for that but I don't.

Connect to the vehicle but don't start logging and see if the reset adaptives option is there. For some reason I recall if you are scanning it won't let you do it but can't be 100% on that.
    Next time I'm with him I'll give it a shot while not logging and while logging to see if it comes up. Will keep you posted!

I have tuned a ton of I6 Jeeps , have done a few of the 05-06s.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    Mind if I shoot you an email with a few questions?

Okay can confirm that there is no Adaptive Reset for this Jeep specifically, but I also confirmed that disconnecting the battery reset the LTFTs.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    Would you be interested in taking a look at my 2000 Tj file?

Tuner in Training
    A quick way to clear the learned memory from the PCM is to disconnect the battery cables, touch the positive cable to a ground for around 20-30 seconds. Reconnect the battery cables. Turn the ignition switch to the run position but do not crank. Turn headlights on then off. Turn the ignition switch to the off position. Now the learned memory should be cleared from the PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axleoffroad View Post
    Would you be interested in taking a look at my 2000 Tj file?
    I would if you don't mind!