Thread: AFR opinions

AFR opinions

If you were to tune a 6.0 lq4 with a cam, port & polished heads, cut .060 for 10.5:1 static compression. This will be going into a mud drag truck. What kind of AFR's would you look for before sending out?

Assuming this would be pump gas like 91+ octane, the normal 14's while idling and jogging around then high 11's or 12.0 on the dot. A little more fuel in my eyes would suit that application a little better, it's likely to be floored often and be way up in the RPM's the whole time. Would be safer to lean on the rich side.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes 5fdp you are correct. The truck will have like a 3000 stall and spend the majority of its time running wide open

it's a drag truck but being heavy and in the mud you may indeed want to run richer than I do, but my drag car runs around 13.5 at WOT

Thank you for your info Higgs! I pretty much set it on an engine dyno at 11.6 to about 12.2. The it was OLSD and the timing was about 28 through the range with no knock ever showing. It will go to a lower altitude but some hotter temps. Hope I'm not far off. It was my first OLSD tune.

Its big tires, heavy truck and mud. Made good power on my engine dyno for the mods.