Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C7 z06 torque management

Tuner in Training
    I understand that knock retard is caused by the readings from the knock sensors themselves, thats why i didn't think it was the torque model. The knock retard is the same even if the timing is reduced greatly so I think adjusting the sensitivity of the sensor is the best move. My question has been this whole time, which tables should i adjust to change the sensitivity? Is it common that the sensitivity of the knock system has to be reduced on a modified LT4?

Tuner in Training
    I took Higgs advice today, and raised the torque 2% in some of the trouble areas, and also tuned the VVE out within 1% and the KR is all but gone. There is a tiny blip in a 20 minute drive that I took logging VVE, and when I say tiny, I mean like 1 degree for a second.

Tuner in Training
    Thats really good to hear jmc, which torque tables did you adjust? I will give that a shot in my tune as well.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic vette View Post
    Thats really good to hear jmc, which torque tables did you adjust? I will give that a shot in my tune as well.
    I used the virtual torque under the edit menu. Find the corresponding table, and up the torque in that area 2%, and make sure you extrapolate the coefficients and calculate the torque tables.

Tuner in Training
    thank you jmc!

Tuner in Training
    thank you jmc!
    Thank you, Higgs Boson!

Tuner in Training
    thank you jmc!
    Did this help with your knock retard?
    I would rather try this first rather than desensitize the knock sensors.

When they say "add 2% to the corresponding table" how do you determine which is the "corresponding" table?
    I see -10,0,+10,+20,+30,and plus +40 tables.

How do I know which and where in which I should adjust/add 2% to ?

Thanks Guys

Tuning Addict
    The -10, 0, 10 and so on numbers are spark timing - the timing where your running during the pull... Units should be in lbft of engine torque... Change the airmass or map zones to the maximum your going to see - pay attention to the rpm points up top...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Thank you that helps tremendously.
    However I am still not clear and I apologize for not picking this up quicker.

I get that each table is spark in 10 degree swaths.
    I get the numbers populating the cells in the tables are foot pounds of engine tq.
    I get the numbers across the top for each column of the table are RPM.
    I get the numbers 100, 200 through 800 for the rows equates to whatever is selected in the table group drop down for the Y axis. (Airmass, MAP and so on)

What I don't get is what I am suppose to adjust.
    1. Is it the max torque I expect to see in each cell?
    2. Which row corresponds to WOT? 800 I suppose?
    3. Do I adjust both Airmass and MAP? Or are they tied together and when I adjust one table group it carries that change over to the rest of the table groups?

For a theoretical example;
    During a single WOT pull my base timing is 22* or so. I am seeing 3 degrees of knock retard from 4800 until 6200 rpm.
    Where in the chart would I make adjustments?

Thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by viper139 View Post
    Thank you that helps tremendously.
    However I am still not clear and I apologize for not picking this up quicker.

I get that each table is spark in 10 degree swaths.
    I get the numbers populating the cells in the tables are foot pounds of engine tq.
    I get the numbers across the top for each column of the table are RPM.
    I get the numbers 100, 200 through 800 for the rows equates to whatever is selected in the table group drop down for the Y axis. (Airmass, MAP and so on)

What I don't get is what I am suppose to adjust.
    1. Is it the max torque I expect to see in each cell?
    2. Which row corresponds to WOT? 800 I suppose?
    3. Do I adjust both Airmass and MAP? Or are they tied together and when I adjust one table group it carries that change over to the rest of the table groups?

For a theoretical example;
    During a single WOT pull my base timing is 22* or so. I am seeing 3 degrees of knock retard from 4800 until 6200 rpm.
    Where in the chart would I make adjustments?

Are you getting Knock or Tq management advance?

Thank you Sir.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner
    I went with Boostane with my 2017 Z06. I logged kr even when it was stock on 93 octane.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to jack the thread, but I've tried to expand airmass and map on my virtual torque table to what my car sees (230kpa). I have to make a change in order to extrapolate, so I just multiply everything by 1, extrapolate, and calculate torque, but it does not save anything. If I compare to the tune, before it shows no differences in the comparison log. Also, once I expand the table to 230kpa, it says I should be making 1400 lb ft at 10*, which I am also not making. Am I saving the tables incorrectly and also once expanded would I need to lower to closer actual torque numbers that the car should see?

Tuner in Training
    I think you have to change all of the tables under the drop down list to match.

Tuner in Training
    Knock Sir. TQ Management Advance is zero.
    Stock Z06 just trying to learn more about the "ghost KR" and what affects/controls it. It that's been there from day 1.

Thank you Sir.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry folks hadn't seen the below thread.
    It answered many of my questions and should have been where I posted my questions.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...in-beta!/page2

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    The knock sensors need modded some...

You can get it to go WOT before 2500rpms too
    I know this I old but Ben care to elaborate on how to get throttle body to open at low rpm in first gear? Seems like this is a reoccurring theme on the forums that it's not straight forward. It's like there is a table that is missing that limits the car only in first gear.
    Thanks 👍

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by essmotorsports View Post
    I know this I old but Ben care to elaborate on how to get throttle body to open at low rpm in first gear? Seems like this is a reoccurring theme on the forums that it's not straight forward. It's like there is a table that is missing that limits the car only in first gear.
    Thanks ��
    Trans, General, Torque Limit, max torque gear vs. RPM (TCM 40750) Change 1 to a higher value. 1000 for quickest throttle opening.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Trans, General, Torque Limit, max torque gear vs. RPM (TCM 40750) Change 1 to a higher value. 1000 for quickest throttle opening.
    I take it it's something different with a manual transmission? Since no real adjustments on the trans side of things?
    Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01gt View Post
    Sorry to jack the thread, but I've tried to expand airmass and map on my virtual torque table to what my car sees (230kpa). I have to make a change in order to extrapolate, so I just multiply everything by 1, extrapolate, and calculate torque, but it does not save anything. If I compare to the tune, before it shows no differences in the comparison log. Also, once I expand the table to 230kpa, it says I should be making 1400 lb ft at 10*, which I am also not making. Am I saving the tables incorrectly and also once expanded would I need to lower to closer actual torque numbers that the car should see?
    It does change the tune if go to TORQUE MODEL> GENERAL > UNDER TORQUE COEFFICIENTS AIRMASS BASED AND SPARK A WILL BE CHANGED