Thread: Wild EQ Err and VE Shifts

Wild EQ Err and VE Shifts

Chasing my tail here.

The vehicle is an LS-swapped G-body. Basic specs: LS1 SBE, PRC stg 1 799s, CamMotion 228/234 .627"/.612" 112+3, ported LS6 intake and 78mm throttlebody, 1-7/8 headers, cats, 3" exhaust.

I got the car reasonably dialed in with street tuning through 2nd gear (see 6 Jul 17 (VE spark).hpt and 6 Jul 17 (long drive 2).hpl @ 1:45 mark), I decided to be safe and finalize the tune at the track today - the only change was moving the WBO2 from post-cat in the X-pipe to pre-cat in the driver side collector.

Boy, was I wrong.

1. Off the street I ran my previous tune to see how it would perform into/through 3rd gear (ref. 6 Jul 17 (VE spark).hpt) and 8 Jul 17 (LV 1).hpl). Got the same basic information as prior street tuning; applied the EQ Err % logged to the VE table and flashed the tune;

2. Here is where things go off the rails. Ran the revised tune (8 Jul 17 (LV 3 VE).hpt) and the following pass (8 Jul 17 (LV2).hpl) it went incredibly lean. You can see what massive shift in the VE table in 8 Jul 17 (LV 3).hpt looked like;

3. At this point the car is running lean everywhere, idle, cruise, and WOT. After a few aborted runs which failed to solve the issue I put the VE table back to what I came in with (8 Jul 17 (LV 4 VE).hpt, forced the car into OLSD and commanded 11:1 (.753 Lambda on the scanner) and got the car to hold 13.5 at the big end (as seen in 8 Jul 17 (LV 3).hpl); and

4. Finally, after packing it in because it seems as though there is a mechanical and/or electronic failing I turned on the LTFTs (in my previous street tune) to see just how much things had shifted in 2 days. Between the STFTs in the 6 Jul 17 (long drive 2).hpl and logged LTFTs in the 8 Jul 17 (LTFT).hpl is pretty telling.

At this point I am at a total loss for what could have caused the massive lean condition. Yes, I plan on going over the car with a fine toothed comb (logging fuel pressure, compression check, vacuum leak, etc...) - but, what if the ECM is damaged? Guess I can pull one of those off the shelf too.

I would really appreciate any insight provided.

Cheers!
    8 Jul 17 (LTFT).hpl too large UL here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...VdjYVlrYXdRVVU
    6 Jul 17 (long drive 2).hpl
    6 Jul 17 (VE spark).hpt
    8 Jul 17 (LTFT).hpt
    8 Jul 17 (LV 1).hpl
    8 Jul 17 (LV 1).hpt
    8 Jul 17 (LV 2).hpl
    8 Jul 17 (LV 2).hpt
    8 Jul 17 (LV 3 VE).hpt
    8 Jul 17 (LV 3).hpl
    8 Jul 17 (LV 4 VE).hpt

Files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...nVUNmJGWTBLQXc
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

[QUOTE=motorheadmike;490419]Chasing my tail here.

I got the car reasonably dialed in with street tuning through 2nd gear (see 6 Jul 17 (VE spark).hpt and 6 Jul 17 (long drive 2).hpl @ 1:45 mark), I decided to be safe and finalize the tune at the track today - the only change was moving the WBO2 from post-cat in the X-pipe to pre-cat in the driver side collector.

Boy, was I wrong.

Just curious as to why you installed your WBO2 after the cat in the first place?? Installing your WBO2 BEFORE the cat will give you the most accurate readings??

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by motorheadmike View Post
    Chasing my tail here.

Boy, was I wrong.

Just curious as to why you installed your WBO2 after the cat in the first place?? Installing your WBO2 BEFORE the cat will give you the most accurate readings??
    I chose to use the WBO2 in x-pipe with the frame of mind that it would provide the most balanced approach to getting the tune sorted out by sampling two banks, instead of just one (this may also be contributing to the lean swing at idle/low speeds as B1 maybe operating leaner than B2). Also because the amount of pre/post-cat variation, if any at all, is minor at best. The log from 6 Jul 17 and the first log from 8 Jul 17 represent this as there was no significant change despite moving the sensor - until the next reflash on 8 Jul that is.

Please advise If I haven't provided enough information.

Bump.

Found out that it is dropping ~6psi at WOT. Bad Chinese regulator? Bad pump? Normal?

Forced the car into OLSD and going to retune the VE table.

Config files etc are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...nVUNmJGWTBLQXc

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your boosted and running stock maf sensor on speed density OS?

upgrade your map sensor, go back to your original tune and change over to 2 bar OS that will suite your needs
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    your boosted and running stock maf sensor on speed density OS?

upgrade your map sensor, go back to your original tune and change over to 2 bar OS that will suite your needs
    Not boosted. N/A.

The problem may have been sourced to charging system issue.