Thread: E38 - Cooling Fan Desired % vs. ECT - Table Column Axis Edit Possible?

Tuner in Training

E38 - Cooling Fan Desired % vs. ECT - Table Column Axis Edit Possible?

I would like to make the cooling fans come on earlier. Am I missing something? I can't figure out how to change the settings to make the fans come on at say 180 degF. Right now the table column axis starts at 192.2 degF. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tuner
    Look in the sticky section. There is a write up on this topic. Short answer is you can't go lower than the lowest setting in your table without changing your OS.

Advanced Tuner
    ...unless you convert to a 2bar or etc custom os

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    ...unless you convert to a 2bar or etc custom os
    Ok. Thank you both. So I just read that sticky. Just so I'm clear, if I convert to the 2 bar OS upgrade, all I need to do is change my Map Sensor Linear and Map Sensor Offset back to what they are now and then I can control the fans to a lower setting without messing anything else up? Is there any downside to doing this?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Very cool indeed, but I don't have the AC on it yet.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 513Motorsports View Post
    Ok. Thank you both. So I just read that sticky. Just so I'm clear, if I convert to the 2 bar OS upgrade, all I need to do is change my Map Sensor Linear and Map Sensor Offset back to what they are now and then I can control the fans to a lower setting without messing anything else up? Is there any downside to doing this?
    Looks like I also need to populate the VE tables. Those appear to have to be rescaled of course. Anything else that I am missing?

Here is the updated version.

Joe's RX8 Rev17.hpt

Tuning Addict
    Don't put more than a 15 value in the first temp cell and then of course fix all of the other stuff you mentioned including scaling the VE table for your setup. You might also want to look into pedal for PE and your MAF table unless your spraying meth or something like that.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC