Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does HP have the calibration for M-9452-M8 Power Pack 3 ford racing.

Does HP have the calibration for M-9452-M8 Power Pack 3 ford racing.

I have one of these coming in next week. I have tuned them with the throttle body and intake, but have worked with a stock GT file. Just want to know if I am going to have to bring and IDS to flash it back to stock, since he does not have the calibration tool that came with it from Ford Racing.

Senior Tuner
    With the new OS being supported you should be able to use that tune as a base. Please post it or at least PM it to me because I have been very curious how Ford is handing their S550 Ford Racing calibrations.

ridenrunwv - If you receive that, could you email it to me? I am very interested. I will shoot you an email to remind you
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

A read of that file would be a big help if you wouldn't mind posting it.

Guys when I read it, I will put it in the repository to make it available for everyone. Ill be sure to update this thread with the info for it. I wrote a tune a short while back for a 2016 6psd GT with GT350 intake, throttle body, GT350R JLT intake and long tubes. Came out awesome, guy races it on road America and Brainerd race tracks.

Senior Tuner
    Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Any update?
    I finished the car up yesterday, and it worked perfectly. I will post the original read from the Ford Racing Power Pack, and my final tune later today. I will say this, unlike some of the older Ford Racing cals, this one was pretty darn dialed in. I tried on the dyno for a few hours to find a significant gain and could simply not do it. The best I did was pick up about 15rwtq mid range with some more aggressive cam timing. Peak power remained nearly identical. This was an automatic car and ended up at 391rwhp (STD correct) 338rwtq dyno'd in 4rth gear. The car was 100% stock except for the Ford Racing Stage 3 power pack and tuning. There was definitely some improvements to be made in the trans operation, as the car was shifting at 6800rpm even in track mode, where it made power all the way to 7600rpm where I stopped the dyno pulls.

Senior Tuner
    Excellent. Thank you very much. Sounds like it should be a great starting point for those of us that tune this setup in the future then.

Yes. Thanks in advance for sharing the tune. It will be helpful to many.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Senior Tuner
    Great results, look forward to being to see the tune

Senior Tuner
    bump

Senior Tuner
    Found one locally and got excited because they didn't care if I read the tune then realized when they said GT350 intake they didn't mean manifold.

Tuner
    I have both Power Pack 2 and 3 hpt files. The PP2 is from my car, how can I remove my VIN so that I can share it. I'd also love to see the PP3 that sweet35th has to compare it to what I have.
    There was an update a short time ago by Ford to the PP2 calibration that fixed a few issues that people were having.

Here is the PP3 file. This is from an automatic
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Awesome. Thanks a lot. I'll do a compare with a stock tune later.

Thanks again.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    Here is the PP3 file. This is from an automatic
    Interesting, that's pretty much identical to the Roush PP cal...

Senior Tuner
    Question - should I avoid a OS full write to a manual car with this calibration?

Senior Tuner
    Yes. Some tables are different. Electronic Throttle section Driver Demand for example. You have gear based vs just a single engine torque table.

Senior Tuner
    Seems like they should be able to be used tho? Its strange I don't see any added tables in my view in the calibration like I do with the whipple calibrations, are these truly different logic OS's?