Thread: Enable Flex Fuel Turns Off Calculated Torque

Tuner in Training

Enable Flex Fuel Turns Off Calculated Torque

I have a pretty basic setup VE that has 6l80e.

When enabling the flex sensor only, calculated torque has gone crazy.

Any help will be appreciated.

Brad

LeighHelmClubsportVortechFLEXFINAL.hpt
    notorquereading.hpl
    Last edited by InsanePerformance; 07-03-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    No one?

Ran into the same issue with the Chevrolet SS operating systems and every Holden OS from 14-17. I have sent all the info to HPT Support and they are supposed to be looking into it. Did you alter the Virtual Torque tables?
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    I sent this to our Oz support who sent it to HP Tuners, apparently the engineers believe it is not OS related. Hopefully 1 jumps in and may be able to help.
    Is there anything in the tune that can stuff up calculated torque?
    How is it calculated exactly?

I have never done an OS swap, is there a how to guide on doing it correctly with little to no risk of bricking an ecu?

Thanks Brad

Tuning Addict
    You tried to just log delivered tq?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I tried swapping to a Camaro OS, which did eliminate the problem, but the OS didn't play nice with the ABS , electronic parking brake etc.. Funny thing is, it is the same OS number between the Camaro and Holden/SS OS, but something is screwy behind the scenes. I copied every single parameter from the SS file to the Camaro file, and the crazy calculated torque was issue was gone. Switch it back and the problem follows.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    I agree and believe it must be os related. But how to fix I am unsure. Didn't really want to run in to issues as you list or waste credits trying also. Hopefull one of the HP guys can chime in and give us a hand here.
    I would like to see how common of an issue this is.

Brad

Try to put all your torque coefficients back to completely stock. It should work with that. I still need to turn my torque up, so I definitely need support to fix this "bug".
    www.crawford-racing.com

Tuner in Training
    Change torque coefficients back to stock?
    Can you please elaborate on what you are suggesting I try?

Engine, torque management, airmass based torque coefficients. Compare to a complete stock file and try returning them back to stock if they have been altered. Those are the tables that are changed when you make adjustments to the Virtual Torque editor under the Edit tab.
    www.crawford-racing.com

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Vee, none of these have been touched, do they change on their own?

They wouldn't change on their own. Has to be something else behind the scenes.
    www.crawford-racing.com

Tuner in Training
    Thankyou I have confirmation playing with the coefficients will fix it, apparently some vehicle setting don't work and others will, changing by % or only a few wont work, I will report back if I sort it.

Latest 3.7 beta has min/max ethanol content values added to the 14 Holden and Camaro files. Please copy over the max value from the Camaro and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Latest 3.7 beta has min/max ethanol content values added to the 14 Holden and Camaro files. Please copy over the max value from the Camaro and give it a try.
    Excellent, thank you! Will report back after testing.
    www.crawford-racing.com

Tuner in Training
    I have used the settings in torque coefficients from a 2009 VE GTS. Worked perfectly but will also attempt the above.

Tuner in Training
    how did you go mate did it fix your issue