Thread: New to Tuning, learning but stuck - Idle with AC stalls

Potential Tuner

New to Tuning, learning but stuck - Idle with AC stalls

Hi All,

As I stated, I am new to tuning and am loving the challenge of learning. But I am still a bit shy of making changes without the collective experts weighing in and ensuring I don't do anything too stupid...

OK, so the engine has a cam, and stroked crank, MSD instake, Long tube Headers. It was originally tuned in Denver CO, and is now in sunny AZ. I am sure stuff needs to be fine tuned and I am working towards that. My big issue is that the motor stalls on low RPM driving then clutch in on stops. the motor will lope to about 200 or 300 rpm then attempt to come up, but then stall. It does not happen if I am coming to a stop from driving at speed - IE, if I exit a freeway and clutch while cruising it will hold idle. slow speed to clutch will kill it. This is generally with AC on, but does it sometimes when AC is off.

I am attaching Tune and Logs. I am also attaching Innovate log for idle AFR. I am not sure if the logging I have in my HP Tuner setup is working as expected.

I would sincerely appreciate any help you can offer, and thank you for your time in advance.

-- Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just bump up your idle in gear and park/neutral 100rpm. I'm sure your VE and maf need to be adjusted to barometric differences as well.

Potential Tuner

Can someone please verify tune???

Thank you very much, I appreciate the help. I bumbed up idle and looked at VE, looks like the low altitude and high altitude were really similar, i am not sure if that was intended. I bumped up the VE low altitude by 10% (5% at a time). Here is the final Log. I recorded some driving around town logs and hope someone could take a quick look to verify. I don't like the variance on the Wideband and am not sure if that is expected or ok.

Any insight would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

-- Eric
    07-04-2017_VE_10.hpl
    base_c6_07-03_idle_map_ve_10percent_lowalt.hpt

Have you tried SD and MAF tuning protocol (based on LTFT and the random VE change)? I would find the VE tuning (SD/MAP) here on HP tuners and start with that on a new tune but keep the RPM up so the car doesn't die and log the parameters needed/ explained in the write up.

Advanced Tuner

Fix those.

After you get those fixed, add 5% or so to the min air table. Also try to get your idle timing up.
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz