Thread: narrowband to wideband adapter

Tuner in Training

narrowband to wideband adapter

Gents,

I'm relatively new to this board so bear with me if this is a stupid question.

Is there an adapter that I can use that will allow me to install a wideband O2 sensor, rather than the narrowband used by GM in LS motors. I would like to switch one of the narrowband O2 sensors with a wideband, yet still have the ECU read the data that it needs (narrowband outputs), while being able to run an AEM 30-0333 AFR gauge and have the ability to read the wideband data through HPtuners.

I'm hoping there is an adapter, or something else, that will allow me to do this.

Thanks

Mark

Senior Tuner
    u can get a bung to weld into the exhaust so u can keep the narrow's and add the WB

Just add a bung for the wideband, you need to keep the factory o2 sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Add an additional bung. Some wideband controllers have a "simulated" narrowband O2 output but they don't seem to react as fast and I had one screw up one time that almost left me on the side of the road. So I just add an extra bung now and leave the factory O2's alone.