Thread: Fuel cutoff in between shift, 4L80

Tuner in Training

Fuel cutoff in between shift, 4L80

Hey guys. Im currently working on a truck that got a horrid tune done to it at some point. I'm stuck at this one issue. When at WOT, the 1-2 shift seems to hit its Rev limiter or have fuel cutoff event in the middle of the shift, it lasts a split second and recovers. It only happens At 5,500 on the 1-2 shift. If I keep the RPM at or below 5,000 rpm it's plumb fine. it does it in tow haul mode as well. I suspect the truck was tuned because the 4,000 rpm park limiter doesn't exist and the truck does not govern out. It also pings really bad on 87 and 89 leading me to think it's been tuned for 91 octane. The engine seems to be running very lean since there's some pinging st high RPM. Does this look like a mechanical or electrical issue? Truck Is a 2011 LTZ with the LMG aluminum block. Mileage is 78,000.

Here's a video:
    https://youtu.be/RBWRcjCRwlk

Advanced Tuner
    Just a heads up you probably aren't going to get much help on here with your issue with just the video link you posted. A tune file and or a log from the vehicle when the issue is occurring will help out much much more.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Look at your fuel cut off vs rpm tab and see what it is set at. Also log PID for fuel cut, trans torque limiting PID as well. Post a log and tune file

Tuner in Training
    5FDP had a look and the previous tuner had set the 1-2 shift rev limit for 5,500 RPM. think we got it figured out.

PS: your truck has a 6L80 6 speed transmission.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.