Thread: My anti-virus keeps deleting the VCM Suite.msi stating it has a known trojan virus

Advanced Tuner

My anti-virus keeps deleting the VCM Suite.msi stating it has a known trojan virus

Is there an issue with the latest release and if not, how can I get around this?
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Try AVG Free, it's great and free and works better than expensive brands

32bit
    http://files-download.avg.com/inst/m...ee_x86_694.exe

64bit
    http://files-download.avg.com/inst/m...ee_x64_693.exe
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    I pay for Kaspersky. It's a good ant-virus. I wonder why it thinks there is a trojan virus in the program.

our giant company pays for Norton then Symantec on the official company comptuers and they both would not find certain things especially on USB flash drives, so I put AVG on the lab computers and sure enough, it finds everything.

Im just saying to try it, it's free. Just because you pay for something doesn't mean it's better than something free.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

if its Kaspersky you have the best out there. Add the .exe for the scanner under the trusted applications.

What version do you have?

Senior Tuner
    Mine is doing this too. Never been a problem until 3.6.16. I try to restore the app from Kaspersky and it just deletes it again.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    I'm using an old POS laptop for now. I need to figure out how to get scanner and kaspersky to play nice on the fast laptop.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Please try 3.6.17
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

If you tell me the version of kaspersky that you are running I will tell you what to do lol I am a network administrator and msp provider for kaspersky. Giving you free support lol.

I figure you are using total security so here is a link but I can help you if its a different version.

Best way to usually do this is by going into the folder for the program that you want to run. do a search for *.exe select all the results, press SHIFT+Right click on the files you selected, click copy as path, Copy the results to excel or a notepad, the remove the all the quotation marks ". this is easy on excel select all the text, click ctrl+f, click replace, type " and leave the replace with field blank, the hit delete all once you have your list. add all the paths to kaspersky. This allows the applications to run and ur av to protect your pc.

lmk if you need help.

https://support.kaspersky.com/11444

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Please try 3.6.17
    I will do that tonight. Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by kleistang View Post
    I figure you are using total security so here is a link but I can help you if its a different version.

Best way to usually do this is by going into the folder for the program that you want to run. do a search for *.exe select all the results, press SHIFT+Right click on the files you selected, click copy as path, Copy the results to excel or a notepad, the remove the all the quotation marks ". this is easy on excel select all the text, click ctrl+f, click replace, type " and leave the replace with field blank, the hit delete all once you have your list. add all the paths to kaspersky. This allows the applications to run and ur av to protect your pc.

lmk if you need help.

https://support.kaspersky.com/11444
    Thanks. If version 3.6.17 doesn't do the trick I will try your method.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Please try 3.6.17
    I tried to download, and I wound up with 3.6.21, and I get all sorts of errors, which I think are occuring when the installer is trying to remove the 3.6.16 build that it is unable to remove due to the antivirus quarantine.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I tried to download, and I wound up with 3.6.21, and I get all sorts of errors, which I think are occuring when the installer is trying to remove the 3.6.16 build that it is unable to remove due to the antivirus quarantine.
    So I know this probably wasn't the safest way to fix the issue, but I ran regedit, and searched for every instance of VCM Suite...deleted everything that came up...then 3.6.21 was able to install, and the antivirus software doesn't seem to care about either app, both the scanner and tuner are working.
    2023 Durango Hellcat