Thread: Got larger tires on my truck and I want to make sure I have adjusted things correctly

Advanced Tuner

Got larger tires on my truck and I want to make sure I have adjusted things correctly

Do I need to alter any table other than the Speedometer > Calibration > Sensor Calibration > Dist? I'm not sure if I need to adjust the Dist - Trans value too.

Any input is welcomed.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

On any GEN 3/4 truck I've done, just changing the tire size under the gear/tires wizard in the edit tab did everything I needed it to do. It adjusted the tire size and auto scaled the transmission is I set it to.

Does the Gen 5's let you do the same thing or does it trip the ABS light?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have those tables for my truck. I only have (as far as I can find) the two values I listed. I could be missing something though.

Are you in advanced view under the edit tab?

EDIT > VIEW > advanced.

All those trucks have a gear/tire wizard under the edit tab. It will show tire size and the current gear ratio in there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I will check it when I get home. Hopefully I'm just a spas and I missed it.
    My truck is a 2016 GMC 1500 if that matters.

Advanced Tuner
    Y'all were correct. I'm not sure how I missed the table. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

You may want to check the Sensor Calibration>VSS tire revs per>DIST vs Dist Trans. They should not be the same. On mine, for some reason the Wizard sets the numbers the same. That is not correct. Trans Revs per Dist Trans is the slip calculation performed by the PCM. You need to apply the slip percentage to make sure the PCM can "see" the trans slippage correctly. For instance in a stock 2015 GMC Sierra, If the Tire has an advertised DIST revs per mile of 666.67, the Dist Trans should be around 646.00. The PCM may or may not lock the converter based on what is happening. To run right it needs to know the slip. It will work with them both the same. It wont work the way it should however.
    Last edited by Robert C Morgillo; 09-16-2017 at 09:32 AM.