Thread: Throttle / Torque Management Issue?

Tuner in Training

Throttle / Torque Management Issue?

I have a 2005 Mazda RX8 that I have swapped a 2008 L92 and 4L60e into. I have deleted the VVT with a BTR stage 3 cam. I am using an LS3 intake, injectors and MAF. I am using the E38 ECU with the T42 TCU to control everything and HPTuners to tune and log.

I?m having an odd issue with my setup and would appreciate help from anyone that may be able to offer advice to troubleshoot it. The problem that I am having is that under WOT conditions, the car will pull hard at WOT through first gear, then after the shift to 2nd the throttle will start to pulse and delay the pull through. If I apply the throttle gradually, it doesn?t happen. If I stay in it, it seems to eventually pull through it. I am not sure if it is a torque management issue or something else going on.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    What throttle body and pedal assembly are you using? Have you set the tb scaler and settings up for the tb you're using? I'm seeing the TPS (in chart), Commanded Throttle Actuator (SAE), Throttle Position (SAE), and Relative Throttle Position (SAE) are not aligning how they should. Mostly around the Relative Throttle Position only going to 69% while the others go to their proper values.

Is your transmission slipping? In the log, the engine rpm goes to 6700 then to 6000 then 6700 again with the TPS locked at 99.6% the whole time. What RPM do you want it to shift at, it's shifting at 6700-7000 now and from what I can see in the tune, you want closer to 6000rpm or 34mph.

Other tips:
    Looks like you're going a little lean at ~6200 rpms too per the WB02. Your actual v commanded fueling is off a bit at that point.
    The speed limiter turned off but have the source set to GMLAN still, set this to Calibration so the ECM can control the limiter.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Erik,
    Thanks for the feedback. I am new to the forum and have something set wrong, so I didn't see that you replied.

I found the issue. There was a torque limit setting on the trans that was causing the issue. Here is my latest tune for compairison. I have changed a few other things since then as well. The issue was keeping me from tuning at higher rpm's. I have also made the changes that you recommended as well. Thanks!

The pedal is the CTS-V and the TB is the one that came on the L92 originally.Joe's RX8 Rev14.hpt

Thanks,
    Joe