Thread: ECU commanding fuel pump engagement in C6

Potential Tuner

ECU commanding fuel pump engagement in C6

Kind of a shot in the dark here, and probably a vague question thats probably no good here but maybe I can find some info since I'm desperate lol! 07C6, Intermittent fueling issues. Battery replaced, relays replaced, grounds cleaned and greased, Key fob battery replaced, Car starts sometimes without a hitch, and other times ir just cranks, and there wont be fuel at the rail. Car has Racetronix fuel pump rewire kit installed. Only thing left is the fuel pump, but what I'm wondering after chatting to some people, is if there is a way for me to confirm when this is happening (aside from the pump being faulty) if the ECU is commanding the pump to "fire", and where do I find such info if its listed in HPT. I'm about 5 more no starts from ripping everything out of the car and just building a external fuel pump system and trying to rig up something for fuel gauges lol. I just want to drive my car haha! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    if u can get to the pump assembly easily just use a multimeter and check voltage at the plug (power and earth) as its running or cranking, if the power stays there then it could be a pump issue or if power cuts out its something alse but at least u know its a pump issue or commanded issue, there may be a pid to see when its been commanded but if it cuts out when it says its running its still best to check voltages cos it may say its running but could have another issue and lost power down the line or something like that, i did have an intermittent failing pump in my twin pump setup a while back was a pain to find cos it always tested ok but under use lost pressure sometimes and i only found it 100% when it failed completely

Potential Tuner
    I'll check that next. Its very strange. Some times, it starts up no issues. Runs fine. Never skips a beat. Other times, like yesterday. When it does this, it just cranks, and there is no fuel at the rail.

Potential Tuner
    my vette also does this. i have a a1000 drop in tank kit, and hardwired fuel pump. i use the OEM fuel pump Fuse to trigger my realy for the pump. morning time cold start the car fires right up no problem, but when it gets to temp its 50/50.
    sometimes it just cranks forever, sometimes it fires right up. it drives me batshit crazy. i usually hold down the starter rocker down for about 10sec so the car will go into run mode, that makes the pump prime and then it fires every time.
    i never had issues till i flashed the car with hp tuners. i wonder if the hp tuners software is interfering with something in the ecu programming