Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TQ management issue 6L80e

Advanced Tuner
    No matter what torque management settings I've tried in the past I've always had it pull to zero or into the negative. Only way I've been able to get away around it is set minimum ignition timing set to whatever the lowest timing you want to see. Itll still dip between shifts to whatever degree timing you set it to.
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you setting minimum final spark? or minimum final spark torque management. Big difference. That's how I fix the nose over before shift by setting minimum final spark tq management. Leave the minimum final spark at zero or -5 and put minimum final tq mgmt spark to 12 or so for starters.

Tuner in Training
    Right now I Have both min spark, and min spark torque management set at zero. If I raise min tq mgmt spark to 12, wouldn't that also not allow lower than 12 during easy closed throttle downshift while coming to a stop? It seems to get a smooth downshift it has to pull a ton of timing. RBooth (Rodney) on here took my tune i posted, made some changes to the trans side, and I just loaded it this morning. I will be able to log on my way home from work, but it definitely is smoother now.

Tuner in Training
    The other thing I struggle with, is I have my virtual VE and MAF curve dialed in to where running open loop VE, open loop MAF, or a combination like factory(which is how i normally run it) is perfect. Tuned with my wideband. Now the MAG curve wasn't smooth in certain areas, but it was accurate. Same with the VE, it doesn't look the greatest, but I couldn't dial it in anymore, my wideband error stayed between -1 to +1 everywhere. Now I know a smooth MAF and VE table is vital to derive the correct airflow torque calculations. So do I smooth it all out to help with airflow calcs, and throw my fuel trims off, and also open loop fueling?

Advanced Tuner
    I honestly never noticed any ill effects on downshift. last one I did was my brother's truck which I spent decent amount time on before returning to him.

I would be glad to help you with the ve. When you get a min give me a call as it will be much quicker.