Thread: 05 gto na e85

Tuner in Training

05 gto na e85

Anyone willing to look at my tune. Ive paid a ton of cash and still dont like my tune. Hesitates, looses power on the big end. Gained nothing with a FAST intake addition and E85 tune. LS7 injectors. LT headers. Vararam. 5 tunes later and no change. Final flex no nitrous_hot start issues3 VE edits.hpt

For one it's not setup for speed density correctly. The MAF fail high needs to be set to 2hz and the low fail to 1hz, then the MAF dtc's must be set to fail on first error to drop straight into speed density and use only the VE table.

The VE itself has a rather large valley down low when you look at the 3D graph. It should be much smoother looking than that.

The fast intakes aren't really worth the cost either, not enough power gain you get for the dollars spent.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Not on my computer... but if you didn't gain anything with E85 and fast intake together something is way off
    I do tunes like this all the time, should be easy, problem is most don't know how to actually tune

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Not on my computer... but if you didn't gain anything with E85 and fast intake together something is way off
    I do tunes like this all the time, should be easy, problem is most don't know how to actually tune
    Ben would you be willing to look it over and let me know what you think? I just had it retuned again by another shop. Gains was almost none and claims it was the setup. Would be forever grateful if so.
    2005 GTO
    LT Headers
    Vararam
    No mids or cats
    1 Piece DSS
    A4
    3200 Stall
    Cammed
    Stock 243
    Stock bottom end
    FAST 92 Intake
    LS7 Injectors
    E85
    BTR3 on order
    CNC 243s on order
    Morel Lifters on order
    .041 Head Gaskets On Order

Tuner in Training
    I have the works CNC 243 on order, BTR3 on order, Morel lifters on order, and .041 Gaskets on order. But want to get this tune right first. Start up issues hot and cold. Cranking fuel has been edited.Powerfab 2nd attempt.hpt
    2005 GTO
    LT Headers
    Vararam
    No mids or cats
    1 Piece DSS
    A4
    3200 Stall
    Cammed
    Stock 243
    Stock bottom end
    FAST 92 Intake
    LS7 Injectors
    E85
    BTR3 on order
    CNC 243s on order
    Morel Lifters on order
    .041 Head Gaskets On Order

Send me a PM or email me current file at [email protected] and we can go from there

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Hopefully it gets all squared away, you still need to setup the tune properly for speed density.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.