Thread: VIN Change

VIN Change

Is there anyway to change or rewrite the VIN for a module. I am trying to replace a failed component with a used part
    which has a different VIN.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc View Post
    Is there anyway to change or rewrite the VIN for a module. I am trying to replace a failed component with a used part
    which has a different VIN.
    I believe there is in the new 3.6 software I have seen an option that allows you too. Don't remember off hand, but I considered changing mine because I wanted it to match my swap vehicle but then decided not to because I didn't have the vin for the motor written down anywhere.

Advanced Tuner
    Email hpt support, but i do believe you can do so. It'll incur more credits consumed when changing a vin. No matter if its a module already licensed by the same controller and user profile or if it's a junkyard pcm never read. Changing a vin changes the I.D. that was once already established. Thats how i understand it. Which if i were changing a vin for my pcm using the interface that is linked to the module, I'd expect it to not develop software alzheimers.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Advanced Tuner
    Is it a 99-07 gm computer? I.e. red/blue or green/blue pcm? If so I can swap the vin # for you. Pm me privately please.