Thread: Tcc, trans. problem, or Tune?

Tuner

Tcc, trans. problem, or Tune?

I have tuned the crap out of some of my trans in the past few weeks.
    I'm trying to get my converter to hold at lock-up.
    I have lowered the forcing table to the point that 1 -> 2 shift pressure tables are set at -96 in the lower ft. regions.
    Min duty cycle is 99 the max at 100.

Now for the problem.

Sometimes the ecm will have a bad day.
    it commands the tcc to lock and I can feel it lock very very soft, but it will slip 1000+ rpm. This happens EVERY time the tcc locks during a trip. Not at times like later on in this post.
    One day the tcc will lock, but won't "hold" for the whole trip to work. Then, the next day it will work correctly.
    This happened to me Friday on the way to work. And on the way home it did it again. It would always lock but still slip. After a bit of a temper tantrum and trying to blow the truck up with a few WOT throttle runs, the tcc starts locking hard and holding like it has in weeks past. And is still working fine now.

Also some times the tcc will lock-but slip up to 1000 rpms while driving. if I release the throttle then resume, the TCC will disengage then re-lock and hold like it should.
    Is there some un-known table for the tcc apply clutch operation?
    Or is the TCC solenoid or other "hard part" about to take a crap?

I will post a scan and bin in a bit.
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Hate to say it but it sounds mechanical to me.. The PCM is pretty much binary: Works/Don't Work
    Always Support Our Troops!