Thread: Reflash then no Performance Traction Management (PTM)

Reflash then no Performance Traction Management (PTM)

I have a 2014 Corvette, Z51, Mag Ride and E-Diff. These options are mandatory for PTM. It was working before the recent flash updates.

This morning I made minor changes to the tune then reflashed calibration. And now it won't go into Performance Traction Management mode.

However, after the reflash, it was throwing messages about "Rear Axle" and "Traction Management", and needles where dipping momentarily. I checked the battery and it was fine. I always have it on a charger when its in the garage.

I reflashed using older tunes and older HP Tuners version. But nothing seemed to work.

Is there anything that would block PTM?
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

After another short drive, numerous codes were thrown including P0575 Cruise Control Input Circuit, P0703 Brake Switch B Circuit, P0856 Traction Control Input Signal, P2548 Blank, U0073 Control Module Communications Bus A Off

This leads me to believe intermittent low voltage. Even though the battery voltage at rest show 12.8 volts, it seems the battery is either at end of life or a loose ground wire. I checked the battery and main ground connection under the hood, and both were tight. Also, the dipping analogue needles is a hint of major voltage drops. Perhaps the 3.5 year old battery is starting to short out internally. I've seen this before. Its a Group 48 and not that easy to locate yet. Maybe this has something to do with the missing PTM.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Changed the AC Delco battery to the Interstate MTP48-H6. Perfect fit but a somewhat a PITA due to the location and power board near the positive terminal.

No DIC codes after 50 miles but still no PTM. Will have to ask dealer to reflash PCM/BCM as this was the same problem when I first took delivery back in Oct 2013. Hope dealer doesn't notice I've reflashed the PCM a few times.....I'll put the stock tune back in before dropping it off. I'll tell them PTM no longer available after changing the battery....maybe they will accept that as a reason...maybe not.

I have ARH mid-length headers and got tired of the P0420 Cat inefficient codes every so often so I shut that code off.

Hate leaving it at the dealer......but have the airbag recall so it has to go in anyway.