Thread: "Per Cylinder" Knock Retard PID gone?

Advanced Tuner

"Per Cylinder" Knock Retard PID gone?

Anyone else notice the per cylinder knock PIDs are gone? I am unable to locate them on various Coyote strategies that had them before.

Here is all I get now when I search for KR, I repolled the vehicle after flashing the per cylinder tune on thinking maybe it needed to be repolled, but there is still no cylinder 1-8 KR pids like before

kr.PNG

Senior Tuner
    Same strategy and everything as before? I never seem to tune S197 cars with a strategy that they are available for. Always there for S550 though.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Same strategy and everything as before? I never seem to tune S197 cars with a strategy that they are available for. Always there for S550 though.
    I tried on a Boss and 13 GT strategy, no per cylinder PIDs. A GT500 I did still has them though

Senior Tuner
    I have asked and asked for support to add them to Copperhead strategies and they always ask for infologs and everything but even if I sent them and they did add them for that strategy I would be done tuning the car before they added the parameters.

I could be wrong in my thinking but I just feel like they should be able to add it for all the Copperhead strategies and they are just told to ask for info logs all the time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    I have asked and asked for support to add them to Copperhead strategies and they always ask for infologs and everything but even if I sent them and they did add them for that strategy I would be done tuning the car before they added the parameters.

I could be wrong in my thinking but I just feel like they should be able to add it for all the Copperhead strategies and they are just told to ask for info logs all the time.
    Yeah it seems to be missing from some strategies and not others. I prefer using per cylinder on coyote's, usually only keep global on gt500s.

Tuner in Training
    never had them on my coyote

If it is missing on your strategy, email support to have it added.

I am not a fan of using individual cylinder knock control. You are relying on 2 knock sensors to give individual readings for 8 cylinders.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC