Thread: Richer at higher IAT?

Senior Tuner

Richer at higher IAT?

Anyone know off the top of their head where to stop this damn thing from going rich when IAT temps come up? Pretty much drove me nuts the last two days.

Can't help you when we don't even have a clue what you are talking about.

No log and no tune file means I can't say why it is going on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

can be from pulling timing (iat table), can be related to injector offset temps.... or you could adjust the injector flow rate via iat .... to tell the ecu there is too much fuel at a certain iat temp... many ways to approach it.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can't help you when we don't even have a clue what you are talking about.

No log and no tune file means I can't say why it is going on.
    Typical answer.... Let see, this is posted in Gen4 forum, it's NOT vehicle specific (All gen 4 ECM's richen with higher IAT). Makes it a little hard tuning MAF when it heats up halfway through tuning.
    So, if you have no better answer, you might want to learn a little more. I don't want you to tune my cars and I am not asking you to.

That being said, I have seen a lot of tuners who will modify the IAT calibration tables to make the ECM think it's running colder so the mixture doesnt change. This tends to eliminate a lot of the heat soaked performance drop. I'd rather NOT do that so that I can actually see what the IAT really is.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    can be from pulling timing (iat table), can be related to injector offset temps.... or you could adjust the injector flow rate via iat .... to tell the ecu there is too much fuel at a certain iat temp... many ways to approach it.
    Injector flow rate vs IAT is probably the answer I am looking for, going to do some experimenting.