Thread: Idle Tuning Problems

Post Idle Tuning Problems

I am having problems with tuning the idle on a 2002 escalade with a 2002 camaro version ls1 and a 2002 tahoe computer tune...confusing yes but we cannot get the idle to remain at the target idle speed which is set at 800rpm. it will run within the RPM error until the start up procedures are done then it drops down to 500rpm and stays around that figure and it doesnt matter whether your in PN or in gear, it is alil more drastic with the A/C on. Also durring braking at a stop sign the idle tends to drop right as or right after it stops, down to around 300rpm then jumps back to 500rpm still nowhere near the 800rpm target. thank you to anyone with the time to input

Advanced Tuner

Idle Log

Zero out your idle over-underspeed tables. Log and scan for knock and anythign else that retards timing from that commanded in your base idle advance tables. Other than that, its most certainly airflow related. Log your STIT and LTIT against Base Running Airflow.
    Last edited by MNR-0; 06-09-2006 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Attach file

zeroing it out actually made the idle lower during braking and stand still idle, i could not open your idle configuration what program does it use.

The CFG file goes in your Program files/hptuners/VCMSuite2 directory.
    Always Support Our Troops!

still more problems

still having troubles to get it to idle and another problem is that i cannot tap into the vehicle directly i have to pull the computer and tune it on the mock setup that we built. it also doesnt help that i am new at tuning you'll have to be alil more specific about what to do sorry, and thanks for your help again.

Advanced Tuner
    You zero out those tables only during the tuning process - not all the time. You still need adjustments at idle to maintain steady idle RPM under driving conditions. This just eliminates timing as being a variable in your idle tuning process.

You need to log your IAC, Base Running Airflow and Idle Advance and post a log.
    Last edited by MNR-0; 06-17-2006 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Added attachment