Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying to light turbo on tbrake

Had a recommendation from someone to adjust the min spark advance table as min was set to 14 and that is why I saw 14 as being the lowest I could go. Fixed that and will test again this afternoon. Thanks for all the help.

Yea 5 seconds should be enough let me know how that works. Talked to a buddy and said we used -20 degree on the retard box so to do it we had timing from 0 to -10 I would guess. It has to be almost pouring fuel into the exhaust to ignite in the pipe or close to turbo so any type of advance is going to hurt it. Just been out of that a while so hard to remember it all. Does the two step box your using have a retard for start on it? For high compression motors? Just was thinking if had that could put it on the switch with the brake so pulled timing when you were on the brake and soon as released it would add it back in. On nitrous cars we used multiple retards to get it launched and out of first gear before adding it all back in with street racing on a big shot. Might just have to add a separate retard to it. I have one other person I am trying to ask just haven't heard back yet.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150