Thread: Help with tuning via email? is it a possibilty?

Tuner in Training

Help with tuning via email? is it a possibilty?

Hello
    I have a 2005 C6 corvette with stock tune, but Vararam intake and Corsa cat back so need to re-tune the stock for the added upgrades.
    I am very interested in buying the VCM suite but i dont know anything about adjusting tunes etc.
    If i buy the unit, is there any services out there that can take my tune via email.....make adjustments necessary for upgrades and send back for flashing to my vehicle?
    Cheers

Yes their is.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm curious of the most reputable places that do offer that?

Does the list of those places exist within this site? If so, where and what brands/makes/models do they support? Cost?

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    I'm curious of the most reputable places that do offer that?

Does the list of those places exist within this site? If so, where and what brands/makes/models do they support? Cost?

Exactly my next question...

Tuner
    A lot of tuners (including some of the so called 'reputable' ones) will just take your money and send you a canned tune. Try to find a tuner who will actually take the time to tune your engine properly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 02statesman View Post
    A lot of tuners (including some of the so called 'reputable' ones) will just take your money and send you a canned tune. Try to find a tuner who will actually take the time to tune your engine properly.
    Unfortunately here in Southern Spain there are no reputable tuners so may have to bite the bullet and learn to tune myself once i get the unit.
    Maybe my options are to log in Hptuners and put it on the forum to see if anyone can see where improvements can be made and i then try to make the adjustments myself. (after a lot of study 1st)
    I will always have a stock tune to be able to re flash....
    To be honest i am only looking to add some values to compensate for the addition of the Vararam intake and Corsa cat back, not any major mods.

Tuner
    I was talking about remote tuners... those who send tune updates in emails. They can be anywhere in the world and tune your engine. I'm in Australia and I tune engines all around the world.

You still need to buy the hardware and learn how to log before anyone can remote tune your engine.

Tuner in Training
    I was talking about remote tuners... those who send tune updates in emails. They can be anywhere in the world and tune your engine. I'm in Australia and I tune engines all around the world.

You still need to buy the hardware and learn how to log before anyone can remote tune your engine.
    Yep, thats the plan, i'll get the hardware/software etc and learn to log and take it from there and hopefully either learn how to tune or get some remote help.
    BTW what part of OZ are you in? i spent a little time in Perth (had family there)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzerman View Post
    BTW what part of OZ are you in? i spent a little time in Perth (had family there)
    I'm in sunny Queensland.

Tuner in Training
    I'm in sunny Queensland.
    Right over the other side. Very nice....