Thread: lsa supercharged ls3 reduced maf readings

Tuner in Training

lsa supercharged ls3 reduced maf readings

Last year I completed an lsa swap onto an ls3 Camaro with fuel system ect. stock lower pulley and 2.38 upper. on e70 it made 760whp. maf readings were maxed out on scanner by 6000rpm (655.35). fast forward to today it now has 8 rib conversion and bigger lower pully and new larger jlt cold air intake. started tuning on it today and too my surprise it drives almost perfect without scaling maf table. make a couple pulls and I notice that maf is now reading is at much lower frequency than before which I expected. what I didn't expect was for fueling to be near perfect. So my question is how could a car make 2 more pounds of boost with bigger cold air intake with maf reading much lower than before and fuel still be almost dead on? the maf is reading 200g/sec less than before and afr is really close. We plan to put on the dyno just having trouble rapping my head around this. big throttle body is log from dyno with 6 rib. wot log 5 is from today with new 8 rib components. wot log 5.hplbig throttle body.hpl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^when you increase your MAF tube thats the cause
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    I understand that. The part I am confused about is how at a much lower airflow reading it's still fueling correctly when I didn't change the maf table.

Tuner in Training
    Essentially shouldn't I have had to take the airflow reading out of The tune at where it was hitting before (around 11000hz and increased it to read that same airflow or more at 8500ish where it's hitting now for fueling to be correct