Thread: Case relearn??

Case relearn??

Doing some random browsing today and stumbled accords a thread talking about CASE relearn. I have been messing around with The software for a bit but have never heard of this before. From the sounds of it I need to do one on my current project.

Everything has been changed, new cam, flexplate, converter, ATI balancer, and the stock 2000 Silverado tube has had a write entire done to a 2002 156 so and has a 3 bar SD OS applied.

It is as simple as running through the test according to the help section? Truck does not have any issues and far as misfires and has no code for crank relearn.

Will it work in SD mode?

Setup in the truck if it makes any difference.
    5.3, stock crank, forged rods and pistons
    241 heads
    Triple12 cam (212/212 on a 112 LSA)
    Edelbrock proflo intake
    Yank 3400 stall
    ATI dampener
    Like stated swapped to a 2002 156 os with 3 bar SD applied

Advanced Tuner
    If you have logged cyl. misfires and you have none or very few then no, it doesn't matter much, imho anyway. Note that the counts build up over time, could take a week of driving around before the DTC triggered... but if you watch the cylinder counts and they are climbing over time, probably it will trigger eventually...

It should be run if any "rotating components" are changed, or the ECU... thats what GM says anyway. Of course you can just edit the tables so that it never happens...

I never tried to see if being in SD mode matters, sorry! Anyone else???
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Thanks for the reply, truck is sitting around waiting for me to finish relocating shocks, I will log misfires and see what it's showing