Thread: Turning off ISS in 08 trans tune

Turning off ISS in 08 trans tune

I remember seeing a thread not too long ago about turning off the Input speed sensor in a tune but cant seem to find it using the forum search.

I have a set of computers from a 2008 truck that came with a 15 pin 4L60e. We are using an older 13 pin trans and need to remove the ISS from the tune.

I disabled all the ISS switches under Trans> General> Config. Then under Trans Diag, I disables Input Speed Sensor P0717 and turned off P0716 and 0717 in the DTCs. I remember reading that there was something else that needed to be changed, but, I cant seem to find the thread I was saw.

Any help would be appreciated.

nevermind. Found the thread I was looking for.

Advanced Tuner
    So what did you have to do other than what you said in your first post? For future help for others looking.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    What thread? Searching and haven?t found one. I am having the same issue. Just installed a built pre-07 trans in my 07 Silverado and it shits hard as hell.

Advanced Tuner
    If anyone else comes across this, I just changed the following

Trans Diag> DTC>P0716 and P0717 to no error reported.

Trans Diag>General>P0717 ISS Low to Disable.

Trans> General> ISS Fitted to Disable.

Seems to be working fine.

Potential Tuner

I have same issue kind of

Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    I remember seeing a thread not too long ago about turning off the Input speed sensor in a tune but cant seem to find it using the forum search.

I have a set of computers from a 2008 truck that came with a 15 pin 4L60e. We are using an older 13 pin trans and need to remove the ISS from the tune.

I disabled all the ISS switches under Trans> General> Config. Then under Trans Diag, I disables Input Speed Sensor P0717 and turned off P0716 and 0717 in the DTCs. I remember reading that there was something else that needed to be changed, but, I cant seem to find the thread I was saw.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am having similar issue can you share that thread please ?
    I have an 07 Tahoe and the trans went out I was told I had a 4l60E transmission. when I ordered a new Trans from Monster Transmissions and provided my VIN they told me that according to my Vin I actually had the 4l65E. I had my nephew replace the trans for me and shortly after driving it for about a week I started getting codes P0717 & P0700 and didn't know why so I contacted MT about this and they said My original trans was a 4L700E and that I needed to now pay them a restocking fee plus shipping to swap the transmission almost an additional $1000. my question is what is the difference between these 2 transmissions and do I have to swap them? Aside from the codes it seems to run and drive fine ( it does shift more aggressively 1st into second and 2nd into third ) but it is a performance trans with a corvette servo.