Thread: 02 switching, going low and holding

Advanced Tuner

Thumbs down 02 switching, going low and holding

I just got the engine back together after some changes. Different cam, intake, bump in SCR. Swapped out the ID1000's for 850's.

I have only changed injector tables for the 850's. Wanted to get a couple heat cycles and then start recalibration. Immediately noticed the engine wants to slow down and when observing the scanner, it occurs when the O2's appear to just lay down under 50mV, and stay there for an unusually long period of time. The engine then goes lean.

The cam that was in the car had 20 deg overlap at fifty and this new one has 5 deg. Can't say I've ever seen this before, so I'm assuming I need to play with my O2 tables for the smaller cam. Wanted to sort this out before going through the air models. Suggestions?

2008 Z06 with a 2010 E38.....

ID 850 Inj_starter cal.hpt

SECOND WITH WB.hpl
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Tuning Addict
    Looks like you might just need to fix the O2's Michael - I'de just go back to stock and break it in on that for now... Always can dial them in later...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Greg. Putting OE values into the tables did seem to help a bit. Still lazy at the low end, but not as bad. I can drive the car and re-cal it now at least. Should go pretty quick. I'm kinda shocked to see LTFT+STFT error under 5% with such dramatic changes made to the engine combo. And, it's to the rich side.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....