Thread: Camaro Desired Throttle Area

Camaro Desired Throttle Area

I've heard you can't change this much or it will put the car into limp mode but I can't stand how the table is zero'd out up until 15% pedal position. I want to have some throttle response between 0 and 15% pedal. What's the official word on how much this table can be changed before it will do bad things like limp mode?

have you logged your pedal vs throttle in your scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    have you logged your pedal vs throttle in your scanner?
    Not as yet but if you believe that would yield necessary info I can do that. I can tell you that my pedal is dead for a non-trivial portion of its initial travel, which jives with the "desired throttle area" table being nulled out up to 15%. Could you elaborate a bit on your train of thought?

I've heard some people say that adding anything more than 0.7 will put the car into limp mode. Others were able to make 18% changes with no such issues, presumably by changing other tables that I'm assuming relate to it.

If there is no explanation as to what throws the car into limp mode, do we at least have a user who has gotten lucky and changed the table without an error? If not I will probably just add up to 0.7 to the first few empty columns, just so I don't have to depress the pedal by 15% and then make it lurch in parking lots.

I think you should post your tune before you start making changes.

yes, I had posted about this a while back and did some testing on my own camaro.. I was able to add up to .8 to my tables with my 2014 Camaro SS.. made a good difference.. adding 1.0 would put it into limp/REP mode..
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I think you should post your tune before you start making changes.
    I don't appear to know how to do that... no upload widget in the reply function?

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    yes, I had posted about this a while back and did some testing on my own camaro.. I was able to add up to .8 to my tables with my 2014 Camaro SS.. made a good difference.. adding 1.0 would put it into limp/REP mode..
    Just to make sure I understand, so if the cell was 0 before, 0.8 would be ok and if the cell was 2 before, 2.8 would be ok? So 0.8 is the maximum deviation from nominal, if you will?

Yes.. and you need to make the same change to all 4 tables...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Wow, I just realized if you change the table units to PPM (parts per million), you can see that the first 3 columns actually don't have zeros in them. They are simply displaying 0 because of rounding errors. Why then, if there is a non-zero value in those cells, does the car not respond to <15% pedal? 06MonteSS, do you mind sharing your table? Do you have more resolution than I do somehow?

Here's my tune btw: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...72913856992149

Yes.. change the decimal place setting to add a decimal place... only the first column actually has a 0...
    06MonteSS

Just click advanced reply and attachments to post tunes/logs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks 5FDP although I put a link up anyway. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to log pedal vs throttle because maybe the lag I'm experiencing is before the 2nd column of data is hit. I'm assuming the data is NOT blended between cells by the ECU? Ie. If you do not hit 100% precisely, the throttle will remain at the level indicated in the previous cell, which could be 85 or something. Either that or the throttle plate will not move to a position lower than a certain number (ie. the resolution is not fine enough to achieve 0.3 for example). If the table is simply quantized and doesn't blend or the lag is only up to the first populated cell, nothing I can do but live with it but if it does accept small numbers and/or blend data, there should be a way to smooth out the low throttle response.

Tuner in Training
    I am going to try this throttle rate thing. there are many decimals that you don't see unless you move the decimal point over. I moved scale up 5% in 0 to 50% area. I hope this helps throttle response if it dose this is big news. i will post results