Thread: ZL1 pulley upgrade

Tuner

ZL1 pulley upgrade

2013 Camaro ZL1 with Kooks catless longutubes and Cold Air Inductions intake. Wanting to upgrade the upper pulley with a Lingenfelter 2.55 but I was curious to know if I need new injectors. Also can you inform me on what I will have to do to the tune i.e. 2 bar, 3 bar

You will have to drive it and see how the injector tables look to see if you are out of injector. Watch your duty cycle, anything over like 85-90% is pushing them pretty far.

Continue to tune the vehicle like the factory already has, tune the stock VVE and the stock MAF curve for the change in boost. There is no need to use a 2 BAR OS upgrade.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    You'll most likely need injectors for the 2.55...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Here's a scan log before any work to the tune has been done!(Stock tune) At some points the injector duty cycle exceeds 100%. This doesn't seem right because nothing has been done to add boost, only mods are the longtubes and CAI. Are the stock injectors just shitty or what?

ZL1.hpl

The tune looks a little fat, 10.5 AFR commanded uses up a lot more fuel than something like 11.5 and the fuel trims show it needs VVE and MAF tuning to dial it in.

Even if you did that you'll need larger injectors, I only see the duty cycle dropping 5-8% with a slighty leaner mixure and corrected airflow tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Here's the stock tune!

ZL1.hpt

Yes you will need injectors when adding a 2.55 pulley on a zl1
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Your injector DC jumps up so high because your losing fuel pressure starting at 5400rpm. At 5400rpm your at 62psi and 73% Inj DC, then 6000rpm your at 50psi and 95% Inj DC.

So you will need more than injectors unless you can fix Fuel pressure then maybe you dont need injectors especially if you follow 5FDP advice. Just doing what he said you should see less Fuel Pressure loss. If you've added airflow with headers, etc then your fuel pressure is prob even lower now (inj get driven higher to compensate).

Who knows, maybe your FPCM is telling it to drop pressure.. for whatever reason, my 2010 SS FPCM did. I adjusted that table and now my pressure is solid with the MSD BAP (stock SS LS3 pump) that I installed years ago with the Whipple kit with more airflow than you have in your stock log.

I cant remember the exact details, but I had similar fuel pressure drop but my max was 58psi and think it dropped to 40-42psi, by fixing this, keeping it at 58psi I saved something like 10-15% Injector DC.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 05-02-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner
    You definitely need injectors and at least a BAP

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper