Thread: Expected gains from a 5.3 2014 Silverado Z71

Expected gains from a 5.3 2014 Silverado Z71

Hi All,
    So I had a 5.3 2014 Silverado Z71 to tune today. It's the first 5.3 I have tuned. No trucks like this were ever sold here in New Zealand. It made 278rwhp with a k&n intake and stock tune. I obviously had no starting point tune file so I just started from scratch. All I seem to be able to make is about 10 extra hp. Is this normal or is my tune junk? I have attached a copy of my tune file (v10) it still needs trans work and the fuel trims done I have also loaded the standard file from the truck. I would hate to think I'm sort changing the client on power but cant seem to make anymore power. If anyone out there has experience with these later 5.3's can have a look and see if I have missed something. These files are nothing like our Holdens. I'm not asking for a tuned file I just want a heads up so I can improve my game.
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

what fuel are you using? also raise fuel cut off to 6600. these trucks like to shift at 6200

This has to be a direct injected GEN5. If you repost to the GEN5 thread you will get more responses.

I don't know how much to expect at peak rpm but I know it is possible to get solid torque gains down low on these GEN5 5.3 and 6.2.

The fuel 91 in the us scale